300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial rapist confesses, gets 1,300-year sentence

Now here is a judge that should be on the Supreme Court.
    PK

Serial rapist confesses, gets 1,300-year sentence

Denver -- A man accused of raping or beating 10 people in the Denver area, including two 11-year-old girls and their grandmother, confessed Wednesday before a judge who handed him a prison term of more than 1,300 years.

Brent J. Brents, 36, took responsibility for attacks that occurred between October 2004 and Feb. 18, including sexual assaults of seven women and the two girls.

District Judge Robert Hyatt, who told Brents he caused an "epidemic of fear to the community," ordered the maximum sentence on each of 68 counts, which included sexual assault, attempted murder, kidnapping and burglary.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Originally posted by pkagel
    Now here is a judge that should be on the Supreme Court.
    PK

Serial rapist confesses, gets 1,300-year sentence

Denver -- A man accused of raping or beating 10 people in the Denver area, including two 11-year-old girls and their grandmother, confessed Wednesday before a judge who handed him a prison term of more than 1,300 years.

Brent J. Brents, 36, took responsibility for attacks that occurred between October 2004 and Feb. 18, including sexual assaults of seven women and the two girls.

District Judge Robert Hyatt, who told Brents he caused an "epidemic of fear to the community," ordered the maximum sentence on each of 68 counts, which included sexual assault, attempted murder, kidnapping and burglary.
    He was in my unit, kept his cell VERY clean and orderly, I was honestly shocked when I heard of his rampage. But none the less, the sentence was MUCH deserved.
    I'd Rather be Judged by 12 Than Carried by Six.

Comment

We've had a serial rapist running loose in our city for a decade. If and when he is finally caught, maybe he will get 1,300 years.

Comment

He got off easy.

Comment

1300 years? Thats it? Man what a slap on the wrist!

Comment

Wow. His sentence is up in 3306. I LIKE that judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman33
              Wow. His sentence is up in 3306. I LIKE that judge.
              He'll make it out when the days of the movie judge dredd are here..
              I LOVE the smell of flashbangs in the morning.....dont you?

si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by beard708
                He'll make it out when the days of the movie judge dredd are here..

Ha ha ha! His first meal will be Taco Bell!

Comment

Is he eligible for parole in 20 years?

Comment

He ought to hang!

Comment

way to go.
                      the maximam on EVERY charge. that means he will be dead before he is elgibable for parole.

our right, that jusge needs to be on the supreme court.
                      (and get surpreme stuff at taco bell)
                      ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                      Oscar Wilde

Comment

What?? A serial rapist gets 1,300 years in jail but some murderers get out in just a few years??
                        May God bless every single public servant out there!

Comment

It's clearly his parent's fault for him turning out that way. They named their son BRENT BRENTS. Poor kid.
                          Last edited by Badgerland; 05-01-2006, 01:58 AM.
                          "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

1300 lousy years is all??? dont you guys realize that with good time he could get paroled in 650????
                            Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

I want to import that judge to Canada.

Clearly this judge is not a *****. Canada needs judges like that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5522 users online. 332 members and 5190 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X