300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Molesters IT Time We Took A Stand

More and more we read and see REPEAT offenders rape and murder another child. This is the one crime we as leo need to take a firm stand on. And not on monitoring them when released. We need to see that a 1st offender gets to spend a miserable life behind bars. They need to be locked in population and be required to wear a distinctive prison shirt etc that clearly indtifies them toi the other inmates.

Seriuosly I know that won't happen but they should get no less then 50 yrs and castration if they complete the sentence. It should be that way in all 50 states and the feds should make it a federal felony to molest or rape a child.
    That way no matter where the crime occurs in the USA the freak goes away forever.

Maybe we could get the aclu to go to bat for the children?

Oh, sorry they are already engaged for the other side.

We wouldn
    Kelly

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Child Molesters are the sickest of them all IMO and they **** me off more than any other crime.
      The really sad part is these freaks think its ok to do this and that the children want it ........ If that aint "F'ed" up i dont know what is.
      These people need to be locked up and the key needs to be thrown away. They CAN'T be rehabilitated. Releasing them back into the public is a mistake and they will repeat the crime, its only a matter of time / opportunity.

Comment

This is a really critical issue. We are getting no where, even with the manpower and money we are sinking into it. If a person is so dangerous that they have to strap a monitoring device on their ankle or keep a constant tab on them, then they have no business being loose in our society. Children are victims of these monsters every day...how many of our "missing" children are actually victims? If you are a predator then you should be treated like one...locked up for life...you're rights be damned.
        "Only imperfection is intolerant of imperfection"

Comment

Goes back to my other topic. Fact is predators like these are released to make room for drug dealers and drug users.

Us LEOs can't "take a stand" (whatever that means) because we can only do a job. It's judges and politicians that make the laws and policies. The best thing you can do is rather than vent in impotent rage (I've been using that term a lot lately...) on a LEO forum, write your senators and congressmen.
          You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion44
            The best thing you can do is rather than vent in impotent rage (I've been using that term a lot lately...) on a LEO forum, write your senators and congressmen.
            Bodie......OWNED
            Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

On the one hand I sympathize with the frustration and rage that people express when they suggest outlandish penalties. But I often wonder if these people have really thought this through. Because obviously what they are referring to is the very adult preying on the pre pubescent child. But in the world of child molestation its never that simple.

What about kids molesting other kids? Especially what about the kids who were molested themselves and then start copying what was done to them onto younger kids?

What about the 25 year old and the 15 year old having consensual sex (yes, yes I know that legally a 15 year old can't consent but the reality is that they do every day). Clearly its wrong but just as clearly its not really very bad when compared to the 40 year old and the eight year old.

What about 30 something year old woman getting it on with a teen boy ala Mary Kay Letournea or countless other cases where society is more likely to say the boy got lucky than consider him a victim?

Now the answer that everyone gives in answer to my questions is that they are only talking about the bad ones. Well write a law which has any chance of standing up in court that discriminates like this. Good luck.

Now just so that no one thinks I'm taking the child molestors side I would also like to see the really bad ones locked up the way Bodie describes. But I'm a realist and know it won't happen.
              Last edited by connor; 07-07-2005, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Don't forget you can decide to not relect your senators, congressmen/women, or local judges. I think this often times is not looked at enough to sending a message to your Sen. and Congress persons, When was the last time you tried to write your Senator or congressperson? Last time I effectively received a response I was in the 3rd grade..... Not to mention probablly less than 1/8th of these people actually cast a vote in all of the votes in a session. So to say that writing them is going to make a difference your wrong. Vote them OUT of office.

Send a clear message to the media (another group of great people) and suggest that they run stories of the thousands of children abused, abducted, and/or killed by these so-called "human beings that just need to be understood". Sorry I don't, can't, and will not ever understand these people(Child Molestors), We as decent human beings should not have too. They should understand how to live, work and function in OUR society or they should be expelled from it.

regards,

floyd

Comment

Freaking tree huggers will still want them released
                  Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

The lawmakers on Capital Hill read and watch the news just like we do. How can they look at themselves in the mirror if they continue to sit on their asses and not enact mandatory life sentences for violent sex offenders.

I'm with Bodie in spirit on this one but it's true that the only people who can truly change things are the politicians. They need to stop enabling these sex offender savages. This is a no brainer to me.
                    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                      More and more we read and see REPEAT offenders rape and murder another child. This is the one crime we as leo need to take a firm stand on. And not on monitoring them when released. We need to see that a 1st offender gets to spend a miserable life behind bars. They need to be locked in population and be required to wear a distinctive prison shirt etc that clearly indtifies them toi the other inmates.

Seriuosly I know that won't happen but they should get no less then 50 yrs and castration if they complete the sentence. It should be that way in all 50 states and the feds should make it a federal felony to molest or rape a child.
                      That way no matter where the crime occurs in the USA the freak goes away forever.
                      I think all sex criminals should get no breaks: death penalty after first offense. Castration doesn't work because most of these criminals get their pleasure from demeaning and defiling their victim, not from sexual pleasure.

Comment

If castration doesn't work oh hell just shoot prior to release.

Comment

I've read most of the post on this link. Although I do agree with what a lot of people are saying, monitoring is not an option. I am a detective in the juvenile section and we work all of the sexual offense involving children. Some of the thing that most people outside of law enforcement don't realize is that most of my suspect are family members!! Step father and uncles lead the list. I have worked hundreds of cases involving everything from preachers to homeless people. My unit is consisted of 8 detective and 2 sgts. Last year we submitted 987 sex crimes cases for prosecution. Thats not counting the cases that the other parent or relative refused to co-operate with the investigation or fled the state to prevent access to the victim.

The problem with monitoring offenders is simple. How can you make them keep the monitor on? He can always cut it off and move to another city where no one knows him. Castration does not work either. It was mentioned in a prior post that it's not about sex it's about power and control. We recently had a registered sex offender, who was following all of his required monitoring and theraphy, and was castrated, kill two women. That shows that the offense is not about sex. The only real way to keep a track on the offender is to implant a computer chip inside his body that he cannot remove. I'm sure the ACLU will love that comment but it's true. Again that is not a gaurentee that he will not offend or commit some other type of crime. It will just show us that he was at the scene of the crime.

To make a long story short. The only way to stop a sex offender is to lock them away for the rest of their lives. But there will always be another offender growing up right under your eyes and you will never know until he offends.
                          Last edited by kcpd1143; 07-07-2005, 11:26 PM.

Comment

The civil liberties of sicko, perverted, freaks outweigh the safety of our innocent children. What a wonderful era our elected and judicial officials have introduced us to. For some reason, 1800's vigilantism doesn't sound too bad these days.
                            "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!'"

Comment

Originally posted by kcpd1143
                              I've read most of the post on this link. Although I do agree with what a lot of people are saying, monitoring is not an option. I am a detective in the juvenile section and we work all of the sexual offense involving children. Some of the thing that most people outside of law enforcement don't realize is that most of my suspect are family members!! Step father and uncles lead the list. I have worked hundreds of cases involving everything from preachers to homeless people. My unit is consisted of 8 detective and 2 sgts. Last year we submitted 987 sex crimes cases for prosecution. Thats not counting the cases that the other parent or relative refused to co-operate with the investigation or fled the state to prevent access to the victim.

The problem with monitoring offenders is simple. How can you make them keep the monitor on? He can always cut it off and move to another city where no one knows him. Castration does not work either. It was mentioned in a prior post that it's not about sex it's about power and control. We recently had a registered sex offender, who was following all of his required monitoring and theraphy, and was castrated, kill two women. That shows that the offense is not about sex. The only real way to keep a track on the offender is to implant a computer chip inside his body that he cannot remove. I'm sure the ACLU will love that comment but it's true. Again that is not a gaurentee that he will not offend or commit some other type of crime. It will just show us that he was at the scene of the crime.

To make a long story short. The only way to stop a sex offender is to lock them away for the rest of their lives. But there will always be another offender growing up right under your eyes and you will never know until he offends.
                              Just getting them locked up is the first step. So many will get a get out of jail free card for stupid ****. Last I heard, the Couey guy who confessed to raping and burying Jessica Lunsford alive while others knew about her and while cops were in the neighborhood, may have his confession thrown out because he was not properly mirandized. Judges need to look more carefully at the cases that come before them, especially for the ones who have been in and out for the same stuff for years, even decades. Everyone in the process has a responsiblity to do their jobs properly, protect our children and the stupid crap that these animals are getting released for just needs to cease.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6220 users online. 335 members and 5885 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X