Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Terrorist Attack-london

THIS HAS BEEN REPRINTED DIRECTLY FROM AOL NEWS
    A lot of this has taken place where i work in NE and Central london,im sitting here at home awaiting news to see if we're all being mobilised.I hope to god we are soon,siting here watching TV is killing me.I really want to do what i can to help.Eitherwise its sit here until time to report for Night Duty.

Terror Blasts Bring Chaos to London
    Several Tube stations hit and bus blown apart

Firefighters carry an injured passenger at Aldgate East station

A series of terrorist blasts have ripped through central London - leaving at least two people dead and scores injured.

Witnesses reported seeing bodies piled in the wreckage of damaged Tube trains.

Near Russell Square, a double decker bus packed with people was ripped apart by a massive blast. Witnesses said there were many fatalities.

Home Secretary Charles Clarke said several explosions in central London had caused "terrible injuries".

"The health services are in support to deal with the terrible injuries that there have been," Mr Clarke told reporters outside Downing Street.

The onslaught came as world leaders including Tony Blair and US President Bush were meeting in Scotland for the G8 summit.

As the scale of the attack became clear, ministers attending the regular Thursday cabinet meeting convened an emergency Cobra committee to deal with the crisis.

The terror attacks began with a series of coordinated blasts on the Tube network. Emergency services rushed to rescue trapped passengers.

At Liverpool Street Station in the City, the wounded were treated by medics as they lay on the concourse.

The Hilton Metropole on the Edgware Road was used as a makeshift treatment centre.

There were unconfirmed reports that several people had died on the bus in the Russell Square area.

There were reports that more than one bus had blown up, but Scotland Yard said it was dealing with only one bus explosion.

Mainline stations were closed and Tube and bus services were cancelled across the city.

A British Transport Police spokesman said that two trains remained stuck in tunnels at Edgware Road, but it is not known if they had collided or if passengers remained on board.

"It's difficult to know exactly what is going on at the moment,'' he said.

"The initial report came from Liverpool Street, but there are incidents occurring across the network.''

He said that officers had been sent into the network to assist with rescue operations.

"Officers are working at tunnel and platform level to help get people out and to help find out what has happened,'' he said.

Mainline train company First Great Western said its services into London's Paddington Station were terminating at Reading in Berkshire because of the Underground crisis.
    "Well, I never had an invisible friend when I was young, but I'm sure that if I did, it would be Constable Smiley."

This is inital eyewitnesses accounts-
    Again taken from AOL news
    Survivors Describe Bomb Devastation

Eyewitnesses reported scenes of chaos and devastation following the explosions which rocked central London.

Inside the Hilton London Metropole near Edgware Road station around 30 people were being treated by paramedics.

Marcin Stefanski was in the carriage next to the one which exploded.

He said: "I just experienced a huge explosion and the glass hitting me in my back.

"People started screaming around me, there was glass everywhere, we couldn't breathe, there was no way to get off the train.''

Mr Stefanski, a 24 year-old student who recently moved to the UK from Poland, was among many passengers covered in soot and coughed repeatedly as he relived his experience.

"I was in the front of the first carriage and there was a huge, massive hole in the carriage.

"As I went past the second carriage I could just see the bodies lying all over the floor.''

Simon Tonkyn, a 51-year-old IT manager was on his way from Paddington to Aldgate when the blast occurred.

"There was just an enormous bang and a lot of smoke,'' he said.

"A group of us got fire extinguishers and were able to smash through the carriage door.''

Sarah Reid, 23, a student doing work experience, was in carriage next door to the one struck by an explosion between Aldgate and Liverpool Street.

She said: "I was on the train and there was a fire outside the carriage window and then there was a sudden jolt which shook us forward.

"The explosion was behind me. Some people took charge. We went out of the back of the carriage.''

She said the explosion happened at 8.50am but she was not able to get off the carriage until 9.30am.

"There was really hard banging from the carriage next door to us,'' she said, describing events immediately after the blast.

"That was where it happened,'' she added.

Describing being led away from the scene, she said: "A carriage was split in two, all jagged, and without a roof, just open. I saw bodies, I think.''

In Russell Square, commuters saw a packed double decker ripped to shreds.

Eyewitness Belinda Seabrook said she saw parts of the vehicle hurled into the air.

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air,'' she said.

Mrs Seabrook said the bus was travelling from Euston to Russell Square.

"It was a massive explosion and there were papers and half a bus flying through the air, I think it was the number 205,'' she said.

"There must be a lot of people dead as all the buses were packed, they had been turning people away from the tube stops."

Raj Mattoo, 35, was standing in the street when the bus exploded nearby.

He said: "The explosion seemed to be at the back of the bus. The roof flew off and went up about 10 metres. It then floated back down.

"There were obviously people badly injured."
    "Well, I never had an invisible friend when I was young, but I'm sure that if I did, it would be Constable Smiley."

Comment

Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Please follow link to images
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/4659489.stm

Comment

Again taken from BBC news
          Timeline of events today

Last Updated: Thursday, 7 July, 2005, 11:09 GMT 12:09 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

London blasts: At a glance
          Several people have been injured after a series of explosions across London. The BBC News website is covering events as they unfold:
          1205 Prime Minister Tony Blair, at the G8 summit in Gleneagles, says there has been "a series of terrorist attacks in London... people have died and are seriously injured... It is reasonably clear this is designed and timed to coincide with the opening of the G8". He says he will return to London within hours, but that the summit will continue without him

1130 Signs on major roads into London warn: "Avoid London. Area closed. Turn on radio"

1126 The president of the European Parliament, Josep Borrell, blames terrorism for a "coordinated series of attacks" and "confirmed deaths"

SUSPECTED BLAST LOCATIONS
          Edgware Road
          King's Cross
          Liverpool Street
          Russell Square
          Aldgate East
          Moorgate

1118 London's Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair tells the BBC he knows of "about six explosions", one on a bus and the others related to Underground stations. He says he believes the six affected areas are Edgware Road, King's Cross, Liverpool Street, Russell Square, Aldgate East and Moorgate, but says it is "still a confusing situation". He advises Londoners to "stay where you are - all of London's transport is currently disabled" - he refuses to confirm any fatalities

1055 A doctor tells Reuters there are at least 90 casualties at Aldgate station

1053 Home Secretary Charles Clarke makes a statement outside Downing Street about "dreadful incidents" causing "terrible injuries". He says Prime Minister Tony Blair has been informed and advises the public in London not to make unnecessary journeys

1051 A passenger on a train at Edgware Road says he saw several bodies in the wreckage. A police spokesman says two trains remained stuck in tunnels at Edgware Road

1049 Police say there are serious casualties, but no deaths are confirmed, Associated Press reports

1039 All London hospitals have been put on major incident alert, a hospital spokesman tells PA

1025 Transport union officials say they have reports of explosions on three buses, PA says

1025 PA reports two buses damaged in explosions - one in Russell Square and another in Tavistock Square. Witness, Belinda Seabrook said of the Russell Square blast: "I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air"

1025 The BBC's Andrew Marr, with the prime minister in Gleneagles, says Number 10 is "still unsure" whether the explosions are a terrorist attack

1023British Transport Police confirm an explosion on a bus in Tavistock Place

1021 Scotland Yard reports "multiple explosions" in London, the Press Association reports

1014 An eyewitness tells PA that a bus has been ripped apart in an explosion in central London

1009 Witness Christina Lawrence, who was on a train leaving Kings Cross, tells BBC News 24: "There was a loud bang in the tunnel and the train just stopped and all of a sudden it was filled with black, gassy smoke and we couldn't breathe"

1002 Scotland Yard says it is dealing with a "major incident"

0940 British Transport Police say power surge incidents have occurred on the Underground at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square stations

0933London Underground reports "another incident at Edgware Road" station, PA reports

0933 Passengers are told that all London Underground services are being suspended because of a power fault across the network, PA reports

0924 British Transport Police say the incident was possibly caused by a collision between two trains, a power cut or a power cable exploding. Police report "walking wounded"

0915 Press Association reports emergency services called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion

0849 An incident on the Metropolitan Line between Liverpool Street and Aldgate is reported to British Transport Police

Comment

WOW I just turned on the TV about 20 minutes ago. That is awful and during G8. Time to put the US Navy Battleships back in commision!!!
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Our duties office has just contacted me to say sit and wait for your normal night duty...........its so frustrating.
              Its all still being updated on our news,i'll post more today.

I think we should all also think of the families who have lost innocent members today.

Comment

I guess it is just the Sailor in me wanting to blow things up with ships so fast. Of course we shall think of the families. Be safe out there man.

Originally posted by Eastside
                Our duties office has just contacted me to say sit and wait for your normal night duty...........its so frustrating.
                Its all still being updated on our news,i'll post more today.

I think we should all also think of the families who have lost innocent members today.
                "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

link should work for latest BBC updates

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/u...toryid=4659159

Comment

My friends in London are accounted for, thank god.

My heart goes out to the Brits!

Now the 22nd will get a chance to off some more terrorists.

Comment

Eyewitness accounts which are being updated live on BBC NEWS

I live in Poplar, E14 and work in Baker Street, just off of Oxford Street in the West End. I normally cycle to work but this morning I had planned to take the DLR and London Underground because of the JP Morgan Chase Challenge run in Battersea Park. I even loaded up my Oyster card last night! At the last minute I changed my mind and came in to work on the moped. At 1.15pm today Oxford Street is devoid of buses and nearly all taxis. The only people you can see is the odd cyclist, bemused tourists and workers attempting to get home. The roads leading to the US Embassy are cordoned off by police. Road blocks are probably all the way along my normal route. Good luck getting home to all of us.
                      Gareth C Thomas, London, UK

I arrived at Kings Cross at 09:35 on an overground train from Cambridge. All passengers were immediately evacuated from the station into the streets. I crossed the Euston Road, heading south along Argyle Street towards Grays Inn Road. At 09:47 I heard a loud bang, presumably the Tavistock Square bus explosion a few streets away.
                      Richard Hare, Cambridge

I would just like to say a spectacular "Well Done" to our Emergency Services, also please pass on my sympathy to all those involved, and my utter disgust to those responsible
                      Lisa Lynch, Clacton - Essex

I was trying to catch the Victoria line to go to university when I saw an unusually jammed crowd. I eventually managed to work my way through after a long and suffocating wait and got off at Green Park where I walked to the Piccadilly line. We were told there that the Westbound platform line was disrupted, shortly followed by the Eastbound platform one. After finally getting back on the Victoria line and getting off at Oxford Circus to catch the Central line, we were told there was a major power strike. I knew then something wasn't right. Soon after the state of emergency was declared and as we gaspingly got out of the station people were running in all directions and desperately trying to catch buses or call their office, family and friends. It was total chaos.
                      Marie, London, UK

My husband called me shortly after 9:30 from BMA House where he works. He'd heard a big explosion and seen debris flying through the air, past his office window. BMA House was evacuated and the last I heard they were all still behind police cordons. When I tried calling him back I got a message saying the telephone networks were all busy.
                      Kate, London

I live in Aldgate and was so fortunate. I take the tube to work and caught the tube to Liverpool St at which point I got evacuated. Another minute at Aldgate and who knows what would have happened... the whole area is blocked off and we are hoping that there won't be a need to evacuate our house.
                      Abdul, London

I work in the City and get the Hammersmith and City line to Moorgate every morning. At about 8.45 we were held just outside Farrington and told that we had to disembark and continue our journeys on foot. I assumed that we were just facing another one of the innumerable delays that occur on the underground, but as I walked through the City I heard an awful lot of sirens and helicopters overhead. It was only when I was passing a coffee shop that had News 24 on that I finally found out what was happening. I'm in the City now and the atmosphere is really quite eerie.
                      Iain Wilson, Milton Keynes, UK

Ambulances were then seen leaving the scene

Anon, London
                      I am working on Fenchurch St. And about half an hour ago they cornered off the big Marks and Spencers on the Gracechurch St corner. Apparently, an incident had occurred. Ambulances were then seen leaving the scene.
                      Anon, London

I work in a factory by the Millennium Dome in Greenwich and all we keep seeing are ambulances and fire engines flying past us towards the city centre. North Greenwich underground is eerily quiet as the only traffic coming and going from there are empty buses normally packed out with commuters. My parents came down from Lincolnshire for a hospital appointment for my mother and they got turned away by security as soon as they got to the car park. Apparently the hospital is being closed to minor patients to make way for ETA's. The last I heard they were still trying to get out of London.
                      Anonymous

I work on the corner of Bishopsgate and heard the sirens start at about 8:50, there was an incredibly swift response from the emergency services and I have a birds eye view from my office. My main concern was that unfortunately, the only thing that slowed down response times was by people who were rubber-necking in vehicles in front of Liverpool Street.
                      Anonymous

I work on Old Broad Street, just off Liverpool St. We have been instructed not to leave the building and police have cleared the immediate surrounding streets.
                      Savio Correia-Afonso, London, UK

We were held at Kings Cross Station for about 20 minutes, stuck inside the tube. The station had already been evacuated but they wouldn't let us off. When we were finally evacuated, Kings Cross area was bedlam. I tried to get on a bus, no chance! Decided to walk to work instead and when I got to around the Euston Square area there was a massive explosion in the road next to me. People were running away screaming and in shock-it was terrifying. I later found out that this was the bus explosion. We're now being held in our offices and provisions are being made for us to stay here overnight
                      Sasha Hudson, London

I work on the corner of Bishopsgate and heard the sirens start at about 8:50, there was an incredibly swift response from the emergency services and I have a birds eye view from my office. My main concern was that unfortunately, the only thing that slowed down response times was by people who were rubber-necking in vehicles in front of Liverpool Street.
                      Anonymous

I was on the Hammersmith line tube when it pulled into Edgware Rd. As the doors opened, there was a loud, muffled bang. I thought it was an electricity power box jumping. It seemed to come from the tunnel at the rear. No idea if it was my train as I was near the front. People were mostly calm. I got off and stayed about 30 secs on the platform. Then the station authorities announced that the station was being evacuated. People remained calm and orderly. No-one had any idea of the nature of the blast. Coming down via Aldwych...plenty of police and ambulance, but no-one was ordering people off the buses, which were all packed.
                      Raymund Macvicar, London

I was on the Piccadilly Line-the first after there was a fire alarm at Caledonian Road. Just after KingsX there was a "bang" coming from the front carriage-the light went out and emergency lighting came on-smoke came apparently from outside-There were no annaouncement-some people started panicking after a while and tried to smash the doors-but only to injure themselves- after about 30min 2 policemen opened the back door and let people out.I wopnder why it took so long-the smoke settled down after a while and I assume it was only dust spelled around by the sudden tube break-we were only maybe 100m away from the platform.But when you're inside you don't realise that. I guess no one was seriously injured on that train-bu I haven't seen what happend to the people at the front carriage- They should have paased information that there is no fire etc. the atmosphere in a packed tube carriage is already frightening enough.
                      Harald Schoenbrodt, London

I reached Euston station by Silverlink county at close to 9am, walked to Euston square tube to find police blocking it. So went back to Euston central again to access Euston underground, cops evacuating there too, saying Liverpool st possible explosion. So took no 59 bus to reach Holborn. As the bus passed a bit after Tavistock square park, we heard an explosion - something like a big bang , sort of muffled inside a metal container. We looked back from the upper deck - saw a huge metal scrap thing on the road, with a few fumes coming out, someone was on the road trying to pull something out of it. All of us panicked and hurried to get out of bus, people losing it completely. I am lucky to be writing this. This was the first time I smelt death so near.
                      Krishnakumar Nair, Wembley Middlesex

Went to catch the tube at Aldgate East just before 9am, but was told to go to Aldgate or Whitechapel. At 9am I arrived at Aldgate tube and witnessed scores of commuters being herded into a room at the entrance of the tube station. They were all black, covered in soot and most had blood streaming from their faces. Over the next 5 minutes, fire engines, police cars and police buses quickly converged on Aldgate tube. Not knowing exactly what was happening, but fearing the worst, I hurried off on foot to my office in the City.
                      James Chin, London

I had just got on tube at Liverpool street and just before the doors shut, an explosion went off in the next carriage. Lights went out and people calmly left the tube. There was smoke coming from the carriage. On my alternative route to work, I walked up Southampton Row when I heard another explosion and people running in a panic from Russell Square.
                      Michael Dunn, London

I was just leaving Aldgate station, about to go through the ticket gate when I heard a loud explosion. It seemed to come from the eastbound Circle line tunnel from Liverpool Street. Everyone in the station started looking in that direction and there seemed to be some smoke. The tube staff appeared in shock at first but then swiftly evacuated the station. If I had been on the train after, I would now be covered in soot.
                      Paul Bourke, Amersham, UK

It's pretty chaotic here - police and air ambulances, the army apparently on it's way - we heard a big bang from my office - it looks fairly serious.
                      Cassie Brown, Russell Square, London

I was on the train that the "Bang" happened on. I must have been 2 -3 carriages down from where it originated. I would like to praise the people in my carriage and on the train as a whole for remaining calm despite the sense of fear everyone must have felt whne this happened. After waiting for maybe 15 minutes or more we were rescued by emergency services and had to walk the remainder of the way down the track to Aldgate station. There was twisted metal from the train laying on the track which we had to pass as well as injured people who needed urgent medical attention. The emergency services were doing an excellent job taking care of people and their response in general was superb. Bravo to them.
                      Conrad Murkitt, Thrapston, Northants.

I was at the station when the explosion happened. I had just arrived on the east bound circle/district line station at Liverpool Street. As usual I walked down to the far left hand side of the platform. I had only been there for a minute or two when a train pulled up on the other side platform(westbound). The doors opened and as everyone was starting to get off, I saw a few lights starting to flicker overhead and then there was an explosion on the opposite side to me, just behind the train that had just pulled in. As you can imagine there were quite a few people panicking and quite a number of people started screaming and running towards the exit. I had a quick glance behing me as I was leaving to see some smoke coming from the area where the explosion had happened. The station was evacuated fairly quickly.
                      Lee Rogers,UK

I've just seen people coming out of Aldgate station covered in soot and blood; some of them clearly in shock. People are just walking off into the streets with soot and blood and their clothing and faces. Emergency services are in attendance. One man told me there had been an explosion on the Circle line and he described it as "horrible down there."
                      David Marsland, London

Comment

The usual suspects claim responsibilty,bastards

GROUP CLAIMS ATTACKS

A terror group linked to al Qaeda says it carried out a series of terror attacks on London that have left a number of people dead and hundreds injured.

A previously unknown group calling itself "Secret Organisation al Qaeda in Europe" said it carried out the attacks as revenge for British "military massacres" in Iraq and Afghanistan.

London hospitals have reported a total of 300 wounded after a series of blasts hit locations across the city on buses and Tube stations.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said there was evidence of explosives at at least two of the six sites.

Scotland Yard has denied reports they were warned of an attack by Israel minutes before the blasts.

Two people have been confirmed dead and at least 90 people injured in the explosion at Aldgate Station.

Prime Minister Tony Blair, issued a joint statement from all the leaders at the G8 summit.

"This is not an attack on one nation - it's an attack on all nations and civilised people everywhere," he said.

Injured treated at Aldgate

"It's important however that those engaged in terrorism realise that our determination to defend our values and way of life is greater than their determination to cause death and destruction to innocent people."

Comment

images taken from Camera phone

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...188273,00.html

I'll stop for a bit,ive been contacted by various mates who say theyre at work and its chaotic.

Comment

God be with you all.

Our prayers are with you and with your country. My heart goes out to all of you-- we know too much ourselves of this sort of cowardly attack.

Be safe.
                            We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                            but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Originally posted by Eastside
                              The usual suspects claim responsibilty,bastards

GROUP CLAIMS ATTACKS

A terror group linked to al Qaeda says it carried out a series of terror attacks on London that have left a number of people dead and hundreds injured.

A previously unknown group calling itself "Secret Organisation al Qaeda in Europe" said it carried out the attacks as revenge for British "military massacres" in Iraq and Afghanistan.

London hospitals have reported a total of 300 wounded after a series of blasts hit locations across the city on buses and Tube stations.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said there was evidence of explosives at at least two of the six sites.

Scotland Yard has denied reports they were warned of an attack by Israel minutes before the blasts.

Two people have been confirmed dead and at least 90 people injured in the explosion at Aldgate Station.

Prime Minister Tony Blair, issued a joint statement from all the leaders at the G8 summit.

"This is not an attack on one nation - it's an attack on all nations and civilised people everywhere," he said.

Injured treated at Aldgate

"It's important however that those engaged in terrorism realise that our determination to defend our values and way of life is greater than their determination to cause death and destruction to innocent people."
                              Mecca needs to be turned into a parking lot
                              Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2947 users online. 144 members and 2803 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X