300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strobes and non-leo

I was wondering if any body else was having problems with non-le people running strobes in there vehicles pretending to police.In the state of maine leo's are only allowed to run blue stobes with white flashers.The other day I was off-duty and saw a volunteer firefighter in his rust bucket 1988 datsun pickup truck running with a blue strobe on his visor.The guy was doing mock one in his p.o.s driving through red lights and opposite side of traffic.In maine firefighters are only allowed to run 1 red strobe and cant do more than 10 over the limit on top of that they arent allowed to operate into oncoming traffic aswell as run red lights,another problem I have been seeing is people with the tricked out cars running strobes while operating.I've talked to the d.A. in my county and he said that we are allowed to confiscate the strobes.I was just wondering if you guys have run into the same stuff.

All strobe pkgs state clearly for show or off road use only. If a shop installs them they make customer sign waiver reliveing them of liability if customer is cited. The are not DOT approved and you can cite operator. Especially if blue or red a re visable to front of vehicle or it makes vehicle appear to be leo or fire/ems. Take a picture and write citation. No way operator can beat it.

Comment

I guess about a year or two they had a guy in the metro-Atlanta area driving a white Crown Vic with clear flashers on it pulling people over and then mugging them. IIRC one female vic was sexually assaulted. I think they caught the guy- I don't remember the details though.
      You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Augusta GA had a guy who had a blue strobe & "official looking" uniform. I think he sexually assaulted a 16 year old girl, never caught him. Out here in the sticks they are looking for a guy with a blue lightbar on top of a truck who was trying to pull people in a remote area. Fortunately whoever he tried to pull got on the cell phone and called it in, no injuries, but the guy took off. There are some sick people out there.
        STFU! Another great suggestion from the same mind that brought you "Kiss my butt" and "Leave me alone"

Why not?

Comment

DEA118,

Volunteer firefighter use of blue lights is not a big problem from what I

Comment

good info thanks downeaster

Comment

Just yesterday I saw some fag in a mid 90's white chevy lumina with the logo "Northwest Protective" stenciled on the passenger side rear fender light up red strobes. He was stopped at a light and a mitsubishi eclipse in the lane next to him (my lane), burned some rubber when the light turned green. Well homeboy McImpersonator, sped up and got behind him and turned his red strobes on. The White Eclipse took off at a hight rate of speed down the road, and the Lumina shut the strobes off and continued on or around the speedlimit. I got the fag's plate number, etc. and will be sending a little email off to the Kent PD when I get home from work...(forgot the info. at home).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5008 users online. 255 members and 4753 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X