300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy Guns

Im the 50's 60's and 70's Toy guns were very popular. Kids played cops & robbers, Cowboys & Indians and Soldier. They were all the time "bang your dead" all the time

Then some lberal wussies decided that toy guns were bad and in the early 80's toy makers became poltically correct and parents fearing they were raising violant kids quit buying toy guns.

But guess what.

No toy guns in the 80's and 90's and we've got a record number of kids killing each other and a record number of violanr gu realted attacks by kids on not just fam,ily but on strangers. No respect for life. In the 50' 50's and 70's the only guns found at school were shotguns in cars in the parking lots of kids going hunting after school and no kid ever took that gun into a building to kill a teacher or other kids. Every kid had a folding pocket knife in their jeans pocket and nobody ever pulled it out to hurt another kid NOBODY.

So did the banning of toy guns and the zero tolerance accomplish anything ???? I say hell no it did not

Originally posted by Bodie
    Im the 50's 60's and 70's Toy guns were very popular. Kids played cops & robbers, Cowboys & Indians and Soldier. They were all the time "bang your dead" all the time

Then some lberal wussies decided that toy guns were bad and in the early 80's toy makers became poltically correct and parents fearing they were raising violant kids quit buying toy guns.

But guess what.

No toy guns in the 80's and 90's and we've got a record number of kids killing each other and a record number of violanr gu realted attacks by kids on not just fam,ily but on strangers. No respect for life. In the 50' 50's and 70's the only guns found at school were shotguns in cars in the parking lots of kids going hunting after school and no kid ever took that gun into a building to kill a teacher or other kids. Every kid had a folding pocket knife in their jeans pocket and nobody ever pulled it out to hurt another kid NOBODY.

So did the banning of toy guns and the zero tolerance accomplish anything ???? I say hell no it did not
    I completely agree. And really, keep in mind, I'm only 20, but just TEN YEARS ago, ONLY TEN YEARS, I had all kinds of toy guns (some VERY realistic) and we had all KINDS of fun. We built forts in the woods, carved out trails, and played war and cops and robbers, etc. It was just plain good fun! I really miss those days.

A lot has changed in the past ten years and that's why I've been an NRA member since I was 14. And no, my parents had nothing to do with it.
    Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
    Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

It's probably best if I just walk away now...

Comment

Originally posted by BigT
        It's probably best if I just walk away now...
        Please don't tell me you're Anti-Toy Gun.

Comment

Here's my take...all those kid playing guns in the 50's 60's 70's raised all the kids in the 80's 90's...guns need to be respected...and the term "Toy" need never be used in the same sentence as "Gun"...IMO

Comment

Here's my take...all those kid playing guns in the 50's 60's 70's raised all the kids in the 80's 90's...guns need to be respected...and the term "Toy" need never be used in the same sentence as "Gun"...IMO
            I know my parents grew up in that time and I've always been a responsible gun owner/handler/shooter.

I'm just not sure if I understand...because kids in the 50's to 70's had wholesome fun playing with toy guns...there are now kids on murderous rampages?

Comment

I had toy guns and real guns.. and so do my kids
              I knew the difference, and so do my kids
              I respected real guns, and so do my kids.

I PLAYED with toy guns and so do my kids.

I HUNTED with real guns and so will my kids.

Comment

I'm not saying that because kid play Cop and Robbers that their kids will become rampagers...I'm just not big on teaching kids to point weapons even toy weapons at anything they don't intend on destroying...if the toy happened to be real...these kids now a days also have video games and television that doens't help raise them right...not to mention all the drugs we pump into them now a day...I mean how many immunizations did they have back in the 60's 70's???Now a days it's like 20 something...and don't take this **** literal...I'm just saying what I think...and I know it's dangerous out there when I'm thinking...

Comment

I'm not saying that because kid play Cop and Robbers that their kids will become rampagers...I'm just not big on teaching kids to point weapons even toy weapons at anything they don't intend on destroying...if the toy happened to be real...these kids now a days also have video games and television that doens't help raise them right...not to mention all the drugs we pump into them now a day...I mean how many immunizations did they have back in the 60's 70's???Now a days it's like 20 something...and don't take this **** literal...I'm just saying what I think...and I know it's dangerous out there when I'm thinking...

It's all in how you teach your kids, not in what they see. I saw a lot of things growing up that wasn't right, but I was fortunate enough to have parents that taught me the fundamentals of right and wrong.
                  I don't let the television do my babisitting or my teaching. I am a parent. That means I'm involved in my kids and teach them right from wrong. I am confident that letting my kids play with toy guns/swords and such is not going to make them little thugs. I think that I am involved enough in their lives and teach them enough that they know what's right and wrong.

Comment

I had toy guns when I was a kid. I can understand modifyiong the toy gun's color and appearance so they do not become replicas of the real thing but that's as far as it should go. And the only reason I am for those changes is so Willy Crackhead will have a tougher time robbing the local 7-11 with a bright green plastic gun.

The banning of these toys was a Liberal feel good measure and was no replacement for good parenting. My son has toy cars but he does not think he can drive after he plays with them.
                    Last edited by BrickCop; 07-04-2005, 09:14 PM.
                    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

LOL...Brick...your avatar seems perfect for this topic...LOL

Comment

LOL...Brick...your avatar seems perfect for this topic...LOL
                        Hahahaha, too true. But don't let the actions of Homer Simpson ruin it for the rest of us.

Comment

Funny thing is I can actually hear Homer everytime I see it...OOOOOHHH!!! I can't help but laugh...

Comment

Hey I love my avatar.

I hear there's a movement to ban animated guns next. Elmer Fudd is said to be really angwee.
                            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
                              Hey I love my avatar.

I hear there's a movement to ban animated guns next. Elmer Fudd is said to be really angwee.

Uh Oh... no more wabbit season....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3001 users online. 160 members and 2841 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X