300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw VERY FAT Cop ( DAYTON OHIO)

While passing thru Dayton today I noticed several Dayton Police officers working traffiuc details on the freeway I saw one officer exit his unit to appraoch a stopped car and I swear I have never seen an officer with so much gut hang over his gun belt in my life.

It was awful he certainly is a candidate for gastric bypass and since it was 90 plus out it's wonder he didn't drop on the pavement and wasn't dead before he hit the ground.

I will never understand why any law enforcment officer would let theirself go espaecially to where it's obviously life threatening

Originally posted by Bodie
    While passing thru Dayton today I noticed several Dayton Police officers working traffiuc details on the freeway I saw one officer exit his unit to appraoch a stopped car and I swear I have never seen an officer with so much gut hang over his gun belt in my life.

It was awful he certainly is a candidate for gastric bypass and since it was 90 plus out it's wonder he didn't drop on the pavement and wasn't dead before he hit the ground.

I will never understand why any law enforcment officer would let theirself go espaecially to where it's obviously life threatening

Just last week I was watching two deputies administer a sobriety test and the one was so fat, I have never seen him, but he had two tires hanging over his belt. I would have paid big money to see him stand on one foot.

Comment

Time to cut back on the doughnuts
      Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

we hired a 32 yr old slob, already certified at 436
        he's on medical leave....

one 40 yr old was 175 when i met him 20 yrs ago
        now he's at least 350

our know it all vietnam green beret...now 58
        went from 165 to 280

i'm lookin sporty at 193......
        " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
        " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

It's no different in my profession either. There's nothing worse to deal with then an overweight partner going down inside a fire. I cringe when I think of what can happen in that case. Also, the same guy gets into the ambulance & sweats all over the patient. We have a few of these types. We're allowed to work out on duty in our fitness room but do you think they take advantage of that? Hell no! They would rather exersise their finger pushing the remote buttons for the TV.

I'm glad I stay in shape!
          That's right, bring me my royal coffee!

Comment

I am all for career height & weight and overall fitness testing with mandatory compliance for police & fire.

Comment

I read down in the Health and Fitness section all the time about guys working hard to meet academy entrance requirements, as well as many stories from officers who have gone through the academy where a huge emphasis was placed on fitness (particularly running).

I continually find it difficult to understand why there is so little emphasis placed on fitness for encumbant officers. It just doesn't make sense to me.

From a management perspective fitter employees are heathier employees (which in turn are more productive and ultimately cheaper employees).

More importantly, from a "street" perspective, being physically fit gives you one more tool in your "arsenal" of tools, to draw from when the SHTF.

There's a ton of lame reasons and excuses that managers can give for not enforcing minimum (just minimum) standards of fitness among their people - but if just ONE officer walks away from a dangerous encounter as a result of his/her efforts to stay in shape, lame excuses just don't cut it.

Comment

I am all for career height & weight and overall fitness testing with mandatory compliance for police & fire.
                Agreed...should be mandatory. I think it should be done annually.
                "Only imperfection is intolerant of imperfection"

Comment

Originally posted by TXLady
                  Agreed...should be mandatory. I think it should be done annually.
                  [SARCASM]Hey, they just want to put their time in and get a good pension. Leave them alone.[/SARCASM]
                  Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
                  Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

Me too, we don't want any cops shrinking after they get on the job.
                    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

I think all departments should hire cooks to feed us healthy and nutritious meals while we work, also some 20 year old nubile blond fitness trainers would'nt hurt the cause.
                      Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

I agree. If you want to let yourself go, that's fine. I'm not going to preach. But when you let yourself get the point that it affects your performance drastically, you not only endager yourself, you endanger your fellow officers as well. How could you live with yourself if your partner gets killed because you were to out of shape and overweight to do anything about it?

I have one simple rule: If your need back up, would you be happy with the officer in the mirror? If your answer is anything but "yes", you've got work to do.
                        You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Coming from some one (myself) who allowed them selves to get morbidly obese for a long time....you don't allow yourself to think about it. You deliberately put the long term affects out of your mind and focus only on the short term, which is what you'll eat next, or drink. It is SO incredibly easy today to intake far more calories than you will use unless you have a hyper active metabolic rate or you exercise till your feet fall off. It's so easy to be fat...BAM!!!...it's their and then you have to work twice as hard to keep it off. Thats where I am now. I have to exercise till my feet hurt just to maintain my weight. I am not complaining, I got myself to that point and I am not going get heavy again and this fella you saw can do the same thing without the surgury, it's too dangerous in my humble opinion. Anyways, thats my .02.
                          "We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

Comment

My department allows us to take three one hour blocks at the local gym while on-duty during a shift week. Very very nice....

K9

Comment

I guess due to the unhealthy look of officers in some departments causes criminals to think they can outrun or break loose from them. I think when a officer looks like he is built for battle criminals tend to be more passive in handcuffs and very respectful.
                              MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5424 users online. 317 members and 5107 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X