300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsessed much?

As I was making my way to the store for milk this morning, I had to drive along the golf course at the end of my street to get there. It's raining here so you figure nobody would be playing golf, right? Wrong!

I saw three golfers out there with their caddies and their umbrellas. I understand that some guys really love this game, but in the rain? What is this obsession with men and golf?

I never could see what anyone got out of it. Looks BORING to me. Is it really even a sport? Maybe it's safe to say that men feel the same way about shopping as women do about golf...

Are any of you that obsessed with golf that you would play in the rain, rather than wait for a pleasant day? Just curious..

Originally posted by kateykakes:
    Is it really even a sport?
    No, it's not a real sport. However drinking beer and driving that little cart is!
    "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Comment

My God! Comparing men playing golf to women shopping? Somebody GET A ROPE!

Comment

Kaytey, I don't get golf either....

It does seem boring! I've had friends offer to teach me, but I can never seem to get around to it.

Some people are truly consumed by the game!

Why?
        [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

"Golf is a good walk spoiled" - Mark Twain
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Nothing is more exciting than making an eagle on a par 5.

Try golf. It good exercise and it's fun. You don't have to be a pro to enjoy it. You can get clubs at a pawn shop for fifty dollars and you don't need those stupid shoes or knickers to play.

Comment

Mike,

My youngest son (also named Mike) loves golf. One of his favorite things is going to the driving range. He does get a little disgusted sometimes because the golf course at the end of our street is privately owned and he always tells me he wishes he were allowed to golf there. I know if it were up to him, he'd be there every other day.

When I take the kids to yard sales, Mikey is in heaven when he finds golf clubs. He's happy, and I'm happy because we always find them cheap. He's got a lot of them, although I don't know what brand or what kind of clubs, but my son knows them very well. He says he's going to be the next Happy Gilmore.

Comment

This is my impression of golf. Hitting a ball with a crooked stick and then walking after it. The strange part is they actually hit it again. I say pick it up, you are lucky you found the thing.
                An axe can make any computer problem seem like hours of fun.

Comment

Met Kevin Nash and Sting.
                  "To each his own"

Comment

Why do they call it golf?

because sh*t was already taken

Comment

My husband and son don't like golf. Their passion is baseball. They eat, drink and sleep it.My husband has been a Little League umpire for 10 years now. But, my son doesn't have the temperment for umpiring. He just can't take the parents.
                      Maybe when he's a little older. They try to intimidate him. But, they can't intimidate my husband.

Comment

Golf a sport? I'm sorry, anything you dress that stupid to participate in cannot be a sport.

"Any other wrestling fans here?"

Brother, it's in my profile. I LOVE the WWF.

"Anyone ever meet/know any famous prowrestlers?"

Met the Rock, Undertaker, DDP, his wife Kimberly, Jerry "the King" Lawler, his wife Stacy "the Kat" Carter, Al Snow and Hardcore Holly.

I'm waiting to meet Lita

Comment

Loves to golf I always thought the perfect job was to be a caddy because where else can you carry a bag full of clubs to hit another guys balls with,lol. I have been golfing for a few years but am not anywhere good yet. I do not wear the funny outfits just jeans and a shirt. I have one wicked slice but I can always drive 300+ yards now just get it to stay on the fairway. I have yet to land in sand but if there is water I will find it. if lost in a desert hand me a club if there is water out there my ball will find it. I will always gold but even I will not golf in the rain.

Klar
                          Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

I like golf because i always get the best deal! I pay the same as the other three guys...but I get to hit the ball A LOT more times
                            Paul

Comment

"If there's nay wind & nay rain, then it's nay golf." (old Scottish saying in translation)

Golf is a sport although I find it hard to call golfers "athletes". But it does take skill & abilities to hit a "little ball with a crooked stick" & make it go where you want it to.

Wrestling is just opposite. I call those guys true athletes. For them to be so big & have such agility is amazing. But wrestling is as much a "sport" as drill team competition. It's all choriographed & practiced beforehand. It's more entertainment than a sport.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5565 users online. 365 members and 5200 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X