300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you really tell the truth?

I keep reading threads about guys who have took the poly test and said that they told the truth but failed anyway.O.k. I have never took a poly. But if you told the truth on the poly,how do you fail anyway? Did these people acually tell the truth or are they full of ****? Im I missing something here guys? Is there something that I need to know?

I showed deceptive on a few things I was telling the absolute truth on.

I showed truthful on one thing I lied my *** off on. Excluding your college days (which I admitted to) have you ever bought alcohol for minors? My wife at the time was still underage. I bought for the two of us all the time.

I've had zero faith in poly's ever since.

Comment

Can't see how something that can't be used in court can be used to disqualifiy a person for a LE job.

Comment

Originally posted by connor

I showed truthful on one thing I lied my *** off on. Excluding your college days (which I admitted to) have you ever bought alcohol for minors? My wife at the time was still underage. I bought for the two of us all the time.

Does that show that maybe the poly doesn't work on anything that you don't feel remorseful about? Like buying alcohol for your wife...who cares, right?

For example--no, I've never done this--let's say you stole $1000 from a drug dealer and then donated it to charity. Stealing is a bad thing, but it was from a drug dealer and you gave it to a charity--why should you feel bad, right?

And the above example...I'm not saying that would work...it's actually more of a question/speculation.

The polygraph does seem like kind of a joke to me and I've heard of plenty of tricks on beating it. I don't know whether they work or not, so I think when my time comes, I just won't chance it.
        Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
        Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

The test is about as reliable as a crack head.

Comment

running that boo game on ya...works on a 21 yr old nit wit,
            if they can't get ya to snitch on yr self......
            they show deception...

a kid's busy box.....should be a polygraph....

www.schackdaddy.com
            " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
            " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by connor

Do you work for the Vancouver(WA) PD?

Comment

I've taken it twice..... Both times telling nothing but the trutth. The first time I failed it really bad the second time I passed with flying colors.

I think the funniest part to me is when I took the poly the second time the person giving me the poly asked if I had ever taken a poly before. I told him I did and that I didn't pass it. He asked me with whom did I take it. I told him. His response was, "Wow, are you sure because he is very good?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dash
                  The test is about as reliable as a crack head.
                  With or without you holding the rock right in front of his face?
                  A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1081
                    Did these people acually tell the truth or are they full of ****?
                    Oh, I told the truth, alright. Didn't lie about a THING.

But I had a cold, & I coughed when she was DRILLING me on "Have you ever stolen anything", which I was ALso truthfully answering "No" to. She just KEPT asking it, getting meaner every time. "Oh, never?" "Not even a pen or something from work?"

Then the cough came.

5 years later I'm STILL sitting on the WRONG side of the damned radio.

Comment

From what I understand, polys can be defeated if you do your homework ahead of time.

Comment

I think they are a good tool to work with but not absolute. I have only taken one. I told the truth to all questions and was told I showed some signs of deception on one question.

Comment

I have heard that a polygraph is only as good as the tester. A lot of information is actually confessed before the test, then after the test whne confronted. I have read up on them and I think polygraphs are a bunch of bullcrap. JMO.
                          If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

Has anyone ever wondered why Pollygraphs are generally NOT admissable as Evidence in Court?

Its very SIMPLE:

They are unreliable and NOT allways Accurate. They are used simply as a tool or intimidation device and to Help weed out what they may think are morally unqualified individuals.
                            Same thing with the Credit Report check. They think that because you have bad credit you may be more prone to bribes and or takeing money you shouldent.

Its all about selecting what "they think" will be the best officer.

As a Side Note:
                            If you Lie on the Polly and get called on it....... STICK to your lie they can Proove NOTHING. -- Not that anyone on this forum would lie
                            Last edited by Radio; 07-05-2005, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I told the truth, they said I showed "nervous" on one question.

Ended up passing.
                              I know I should feed the trolls but it is just SO hard.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4350 users online. 281 members and 4069 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X