Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You were up towards my area (Jackson) I work in the North Precinct and everything MemphisPD said was true. As sorry as it is to say drugs are the least of our problems. And if you want a quick trip to IAB mess with dope boys. So if you want to stay away from IAB dont mess with dope boys. See how that works?

A lot of good officers have been burned by command staff and will not work at all now. They just answer their calls and thats it, no traffic stops or nothing. Hell thats what the city wants anyway.

I'm sure me and MemphisPD could respectfully disagree, but I feel North is the busiest precinct in Memphis. We dont go a day without a shooting, robbery, or car jacking.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayW4442
      You were up towards my area (Jackson) I work in the North Precinct and everything MemphisPD said was true. As sorry as it is to say drugs are the least of our problems. And if you want a quick trip to IAB mess with dope boys. So if you want to stay away from IAB dont mess with dope boys. See how that works?

A lot of good officers have been burned by command staff and will not work at all now. They just answer their calls and thats it, no traffic stops or nothing. Hell thats what the city wants anyway.

I'm sure me and MemphisPD could respectfully disagree, but I feel North is the busiest precinct in Memphis. We dont go a day without a shooting, robbery, or car jacking.
      Wow, so I was in the bad bad part of town eh? It looked it, everyone was walking all over the streets and stuff like it was a western town. You guys have my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Conner
        Las Vegas is the safest place to be an officer out of what? Cities exceeding a certain population number? haha because I sure as hell know pleasanton, ca is safer to be an officer in. haha
        I just did a quick look of cities 500,000 or higher.

Any place has the potential.

Comment

Just curious what the area around Graceland is like now.

Comment

Just as bad as the rest of Memphis, the whole city is crime ridden. If you dont believe me just click on the below link and type in 3734 Elvis Presley Blvd

https://crimemapper.memphispolice.or...pper/index.cfm

Some intersections in my ward are...

Hollywood & Chelsea
            Evergreen &Chelsea
            Heard & Oakwood
            Hollywood & Golden

Try those and see what comes up. Or if you want to see the cities crime rate in general look at this compared to the national average

http://www.bestplaces.net/city/Memphis_TN?CRIME
            Last edited by GrayW4442; 07-09-2005, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Number 3 and trying harder....(#1 on one list)
              http://www.morganquitno.com/cit05pop.htm

To quote Axl Rose, "Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day...."

Comment

Just as bad as the rest of Memphis, the whole city is crime ridden. If you dont believe me just click on the below link and type in 3734 Elvis Presley Blvd

https://crimemapper.memphispolice.or...pper/index.cfm

Some intersections in my ward are...

Hollywood & Chelsea
                Evergreen &Chelsea
                Heard & Oakwood
                Hollywood & Golden

Try those and see what comes up. Or if you want to see the cities crime rate in general look at this compared to the national average

http://www.bestplaces.net/city/Memphis_TN?CRIME
                Is your chief just a figure at the department or what?

Comment

In Memphis our Director (chief) is appointed by the Mayor. Our last Director was fired for takeing up for his officers. Rest assured our new Director wont make the same mistake, he wont take up for us ever. Most officers in Memphis have a "dont give a F***" attitude. And most officers, as I, dont live in the city because its so ****ty.

Comment

In Memphis our Director (chief) is appointed by the Mayor. Our last Director was fired for takeing up for his officers. Rest assured our new Director wont make the same mistake, he wont take up for us ever. Most officers in Memphis have a "dont give a F***" attitude. And most officers, as I, dont live in the city because its so ****ty.
                    Just curious, what race is your mayor>

Comment

What's the deal with Memphis letting the crooks/thugs run the show?

They must love it
                      Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller
                        What's the deal with Memphis letting the crooks/thugs run the show? They must love it
                        They have a field day in Memphis, it is open season on all law abiding citizens. And when they complain about it the mayor gets on TV and says if you dont like Memphis then leave. Well he doesnt have too tell me but once. I am in the process of looking at other departments, with laterals, now.

Comment

They have a field day in Memphis, it is open season on all law abiding citizens. And when they complain about it the mayor gets on TV and says if you dont like Memphis then leave. Well he doesnt have too tell me but once. I am in the process of looking at other departments, with laterals, now.

Crackhead Mayor Marion Barry down your way now huh?
                          Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

I'll assume black.

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog
                              Number 3 and trying harder....(#1 on one list)
                              http://www.morganquitno.com/cit05pop.htm

To quote Axl Rose, "Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day...."

Yeah, but look at the metropolitan area list.

OVERALL (320 METROPOLITAN AREAS):
                              Most Dangerous 25:

1 Detroit-Livonia-Dearborn, MI M.D.
                              2 Memphis, TN-MS-AR
                              3 Sumter, SC
                              4 Fairbanks, AK
                              5 New Orleans, LA
                              6 Miami-Dade County, FL M.D.
                              7 Myrtle Beach, SC
                              8 Las Vegas-Paradise, NV
                              9 Victoria, TX
                              10Florence, SC

I have seen this one and I use www.fbi.gov and look at the UCR

Comment

Gotta chime in. I am a deputy but work a metro unit and work with a lot of MPD officers. They speak the truth. You do your job, you get in trouble. It starts at the very top and rolls downhill. The sad thing is, there are a LOT of Memphis cops who would love to do some good policing, if they just wouldn't get chopped for doing it. The story about the last Police Director is gospel truth. He stood up for some officers who had done the right thing, and he lost his job over it. The Memphis mayor is fond of saying the MPD is 'his police force'.
                                "Patrolling the Idiocracy"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6107 users online. 350 members and 5757 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X