300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Registered Sex Offender

My Husband Is A Registered Sex Offender......he Has Been Out Of Prison Since 97.....he Unexpectedly Told Me He Wanted A Divorce And The Next Day Moved In With A Woman Who Has A 4 Year Old Girl...i Live In Tn....should I Notify The Sheriffs Dept Of His Change Of Address...and Can He Legally Do That......the Woman Hes With Has A Criminal Background Too..

He has to register in the new place or he'll eventually get arrested. The best you can do is notify the department in the town he moved into and let them know an unregistered sex offender is in town.

I assumed you're doing this for revenge? Don't get me wrong; I agree with you 100%; it sounds like the guy needs a little wake-up call regarding responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by alexx
      My Husband Is A Registered Sex Offender......he Has Been Out Of Prison Since 97.....he Unexpectedly Told Me He Wanted A Divorce And The Next Day Moved In With A Woman Who Has A 4 Year Old Girl...i Live In Tn....should I Notify The Sheriffs Dept Of His Change Of Address...and Can He Legally Do That......the Woman Hes With Has A Criminal Background Too..
      I wonder about people who capitalize every word.
      "People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant".

Comment

I am just curious, does his past record lead you to believe that he would do something to a 4 year old? And do you have something against the mother?

Comment

http://www.state.tn.us/sos/acts/103/pub/pc0921.pdf

According to this he is not permitted to reside in a residence that is occupied by a child (children) that are not his own.

He is also required to update his address, I couldn't find the time frame for doing so in this doc, but in VA it's 7 days after moving, failure to do so within the time frame is a felony.

Sex offender rgistry is also maintained by Tn Bureau of Investigation so you would contact them as opposed to local SO.

-web
          "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

No matter what the reasons behind wanting to report this are, the fact is, it is the right thing to do. Report this information ASAP.
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

of coarse there is a little revenge here....i mean to think he just up and left me and his two little boys and i had no warning......as far as do i think he is a threat to this little girl...i never before thought so because i thought he was gods man.but his brother and uncle are both in prison for sex crimes...but now i think i dont know him or ever did....as far as the woman.....she has prostituted....and is known to do crack....so i dont want my kids around her

Comment

Well, then you need to go to court and get full custody. Can I assume you have contacted a lawyer already? Again, I really don't care what your reasons are for calling him into the local police. You need to call them.
                "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

sex offender

According to the experts, you can't be cured of being a pedaphile. He'll assault the 4 year old eventually. A call would get him a visit from his probabtion officer and case manager. Do it! Don't allow an innicent child to be abused. Who knows? You may save her life.
                  Jerry
                  "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
                    According to the experts, you can't be cured of being a pedaphile. He'll assault the 4 year old eventually. A call would get him a visit from his probabtion officer and case manager. Do it! Don't allow an innicent child to be abused. Who knows? You may save her life.
                    Someone who is a registered sex offender is not necessarily a pedophile or child molester, there is a difference and there are even designations as such on the various databases.

Comment

sex offender

Originally posted by OFK
                      Someone who is a registered sex offender is not necessarily a pedophile or child molester, there is a difference and there are even designations as such on the various databases.
                      Very true. I probably made that assumption because of the reference to the 4 yr. old. But a predator, molester, or abuser doesn't need to be around kids anyway. I'm sure the offense that got him (and his family) locked up had nothing to do with picking up hookers.
                      Jerry
                      "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

of coarse there is a little revenge here....i mean to think he just up and left me and his two little boys and i had no warning......as far as do i think he is a threat to this little girl...i never before thought so because i thought he was gods man.but his brother and uncle are both in prison for sex crimes...but now i think i dont know him or ever did....as far as the woman.....she has prostituted....and is known to do crack....so i dont want my kids around her
                        All good reasons in my book. Call his local police; bust him.

Comment

he was arrested in 89 for aggrevated sexual battery of his 11 year old stepdaughter...flattened in 97

Comment

he was arrested in 89 for aggrevated sexual battery of his 11 year old stepdaughter...flattened in 97
                            Definetly call and let the local police know.
                            If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveinUtah
                              Definetly call and let the local police know.
                              Agreed 100%

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5927 users online. 357 members and 5570 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X