Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The house is burning down" "Not my problem" - 911

911 Dispatcher Resigns After Rude Reponse

(This is just sad... the link to see whole story is http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...06-29-19-23-28)

AURORA, Colo. (AP) -- A 911 dispatcher has resigned after saying "that's not my problem" during a call from a woman reporting an apartment fire.

Fire chief Casey Jones said Tuesday the dispatcher, whose name was not released, did not give a reason for resigning.

The dispatcher's comments became public as Jones addressed complaints that firefighters didn't respond quickly enough to a June 10 fire, even though a fire station was only a few blocks away.

On a tape of the exchange, the dispatcher tells a caller to stop hanging up when he transfers her to fire officials. The caller then says, "The house is burning down," and the dispatcher responds, "Well, that's not my problem."

Jones called the dispatcher "rude" and said the calls were mishandled.

Hardy Bell, 36, a resident of the apartment complex, was arrested on suspicion of arson. Bell, the only person injured in the fire, was arrested after he was released from a hospital.

Im sure there is more to the story than the media has released. Everyone Here knows the media likes to Zone in on one comment and twist / spin it to get rateings and or make the law enforcement community look bad.

Then again i could be wrong on this particular story.

My response to reporters ......... No comment!

Learn it, Know it, Live it.

Comment

Yes, I agree, there's got to be more. Plus, it sounds like the guy would call 911, then hang up when he was being transferred, only to call back. So maybe it's a case of rudeness inspired by idiocy on the part of the caller? Just a thought.
      STFU! Another great suggestion from the same mind that brought you "Kiss my butt" and "Leave me alone"

Why not?

Comment

From that snippet, it sounds like he thought he was being hung up on.
        A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

Not my problem.

Doesn't sound good on the surface, but there are two sides to every story.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3266 users online. 209 members and 3057 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X