Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thankless Job

Last night the Mrs. started her "let

Thanks for the kind words. It is a thankless job most of the time. But it's something I've managed to get used to.

The true heroes in a cop's family is well, their families. The spouses and children who often sit at home, especially when they see something horrible has happened on the news and wonder if their husband, wife, father or mother is going to come home late, if at all.

Even tougher is the spouse who's loved one entered law-enforcement after they got married. If he or she was marrying a cop, it's almost one thing. But when their partner makes the career change after the marriage, it's even harder. So try to be understanding towards your wife. You are going get into a dangerous job. Whenever you see an "officer down" article, especially when it's written by another cop, you always see the "survived by" line. This is there to serve as a reminder to each of how important it is that we live up to the first rule in law enforcement: When the shift's over, go home.

I hate to say it, but whenever I got to a cop's funeral, I don't really weep for the cop. We know what the job is and what it means. I weep for the spouse and children they leave behind.

Good luck in your endevors.
    You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5302 users online. 297 members and 5005 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X