300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer test

Ok, This is getting depressing. I took my written exam for a different department this morning and could not believe i failed it by one question. I was shocked since the test seemed fairly easy. They would not let me move on to the physical and i know i would have passed that.

I just can't understand how i have practically worked myself to death through physical fitness and thought i was bright enough to pass a smaller written exam since the first one i took for phx was three times harder and longer and i passed that one. I am beginning to get frustrated badly. And whats worse is this particular department won't let me come back till May. If i keep going at this rate i will be twiggy and there won't be any legs to run with.

Thanks to all who showed tremendous support and i am not giving up just waiting for the next chance to prove i can do it.
    "To each his own"

I am sorry to hear that knowing how much you wanted it. However, I have complete confidence in your ability to be a success in your chosen field.

Life puts in out path many obstacles that without having, we don't build endurance, stamina, courage and strength. When the timing is right... you will reach goals yet to be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwoman:
      When the timing is right... you will reach goals yet to be achieved.
      I have to agree with WW here. I feel bad for you, but keep trying. I know you WILL succeed in the end. Just don't give up!
      6P1 (retired)

Comment

I have to tip my hat to you, determination means alot, a whole hell of alot, and you have shown more of it than most people ever would have.

I can tell you one thing that I dont ever recall anyone on here telling you before. When you make it, which I believe you will, your gonna be overwhelmed with the feelings your gonna have because you have accomplished something you have wanted for so long. All this heartache your going through every time you stumble is going to pale in comparisson to the feeling of pride in yourself that your going to experience when you make it.

You have gone to far to even think about caving in and giving up, just keep pushing yourself and your gonna find yourself behind a badge before you know it!

Comment

I know you will achieve your goal! You have been working very hard for it. Hang in there!

Comment

Thank you all. I finally gave in to the cry upon reading Specops post. It means a great deal to have cybor buds who understand the determination, heartache and the feelings of happiness when completing another section of the process. You guys and gals are wonderful and when i finally make it (whichever department) i know it will be great to share my good news and happiness with all of you. And to those who sent private messages, Thanks for the support and the suggestions.
            "To each his own"

Comment

When I got out of the Marine Corps, I dropped my pack and got out of shape...really bad. I finally decided it was time to be a cop and began testing. It took me over 2 years and an untold number of agencies I tested with to pass. On my part, it was being out of shape and it took time to get good enough to pass the test. I will always remember graduation day at the academy as one of the top five moments in my life. Almost cried that day, but as a former Marine, I let me discipline kick in (as long as I was in public) It will be worth every minute of the pain and heathache you've gone through waiting and trying.

Keep pluggin' away, you'll get it eventually.
              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
                * Samuel Beckett

Hang in there I'm sure your dreams will ve fulfilled if you keep working at it
                No partner is worth your tears -
                the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Thanks Raychel, I am fixing to go by that shirt from Nike that says "Just redo it"
                  "To each his own"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2952 users online. 160 members and 2792 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X