300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Mike & other Texans

I had the chance to kill a few hours at DFW airport on my recent vacation.

So being thirsty, naturally I went looking for some of the local stuff. (When in Germany drink German beer, Canadian beer in Canada, etc.)

I searched every bar and restaurant at DFW and couldn't find a bottle of "Lone Star."

Did they go out of business?

It's been since 1985 since I've had a taste of the Lone Star. I'm starting to get really thirsty.

What's a guy have to do to get some? Do I have to get a fake ID that says I'm really a native Texan?

HELP!

No, they didn't go out of business. Lone Star beer just sucks. If you want a true Texas beer try Shiner.
    "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Comment

I haven't seen it in any store since I don't know when, but when I used to drink all the time, it was not a good tasting beer to me. My freinds would swear it was great but I couldn't take it.

Comment

"Lone Star Beer"????!

That's about as bad as "Pearl"!!!

Go Shiner Bock!!
        American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

The Shiner bock was good!

I just wanted to try a Lone Star since it's been over 15 years since I have had one.

You're probably right about it not being that good. I was young at the time andd it was one of teh first beers that I tried that wasn't a Bud or Coors.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

I still haven't decided, which is the worst beer ever... lonstar...or natural light??? It's a toss up. Gimme my Miller Lite and I'll be happy.
            TRAVIS ED WILLIAMS
            Police Officer
            Mesquite, Texas, P.D.
            Mesquite, TX
            Date of Death: 09/23/1974

Comment

"Miller Lite?"

"Coors?"

"Budweiser?"

"and the ubiquitous Pearl Light!"

See previous post, same subject....

Eeesh...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

The worst beers would have to be Black Label and Burgie.

Comment

I just got back from Texas on Friday. They still have Lone Star. I too have a few just for old times. I did find a pretty good beer called Ziegenbach(sp). On the bottle it said only brewed and sold in Texas. I thought it was some cool micro-brew until I discovered it was made by Bud.

Comment

quote:
                    I thought it was some cool micro-brew until I discovered it was made by Bud.
                    That is exactly what those scam artists want you to think, too. They are trying to ride the coattails of Shiner Bock and their success. They oughtta be outlawed for doing that.....get a rope.

Comment

My brother-in-law from England came over last August with a couple of British friends & one of their requests was to have a Lone Star beer. The restaurant we were at only had two longnecks left so they were in luck. They seemed to enjoy them so I left it at that. They did have Shiner later & were greatly impressed. Corona seemed to be their beer of choice though.

Comment

I always thought Lone Star Beer tasted bad. Even when I was young and dumb and wouldn't drink just about anything that ethanol in it, I would drink Lone Star. Always gave me " bitter beer " face.

Now I mostly drink Coors or Bud if and when I drink beer.

[ 12-02-2002, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Evnings ]
                        RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5056 users online. 302 members and 4754 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X