300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet ANOTHER computer question....

I'm being reminded WHY I hate computers...

I've been paying my DirecTV bill online(from home and work) for a couple of years, now. Suddenly, when I attempt to login, I get an error message from DirecTV informing me that I 'must enable cookies for this application'. WTF?

So....I go to Tools, then Internet Options, then Advanced....and CANNOT find any freakin' 'enable cookies' box to check! Arrrggggg!

I'm running WIN98, BTW.....

Correct me if I'm wrong, BUTT.... cookies HAS to be enabled for O.com to recognize me without me having to re-login every visit. Riiiight?

[ 11-28-2002, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

It's under the 'privacy' tab in your internet options.

Comment

WHAT Privacy tab?
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

Are there not tabs along the top of your internet options screen that say: General-Security-Privacy-Content-Connections-Programs-Advanced?? There are on mine.

Click on privacy, then on advanced, then on either accept or prompt for cookies.

[ 11-28-2002, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: PatrickM98 ]

Comment

OK...found it. According to my computer settings, 'cookies IS enabled'. Go figure....

Comment

Weird. Are you running any sort of firewall? That could have something to do with it. I seem to have problems with cookies every once in a while when ZoneAlarm is running.

[ 11-28-2002, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: PatrickM98 ]

Comment

Try: tools>internet options>privacy (tab at the top), then advanced.

Then check the "over ride automatic cookie handling" box, and check accept.

Maybe????
              Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

I don't show a Privacy tab. I found the settings sublisted under the Security tab.

I uncheck the 'accept cookies' box then REchecked it. NOW it's working. Like I said...'Go figure'....

Thanks, guys! [Wink]

Comment

Shooter: if you're on Starband, I understand completely. I had to buy a new ethernet card for a brand-new computer because there is an "issue" with the starband software, the Intel ethernet card, and windows XP.

So, for an additional $25, I'm back on line.

Finally.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Starband?

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by shooter1201:
                      Starband?

Sorry, I misread the original question. Starband is satellite internet access, that used to be teamed up with DishNetwork.

I recently went to this as a high-speed ISP since cable and DSL aren't available in my neighborhood, and love it. Then I got a new computer and started having problems. (which have since been solved as noted above)

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4835 users online. 303 members and 4532 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X