Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Clinton still sucking more than a year later

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20011108-470100.htm

Bill Clinton, the former president, said yesterday that terror has existed in America for hundreds of years and the nation is "paying a price today" for its past of slavery and for looking "the other way when a significant number of native Americans were dispossessed and killed."

"Here in the United States, we were founded as a nation that practiced slavery, and slaves quite frequently were killed even though they were innocent," said Mr. Clinton in a speech to nearly 1,000 students at Georgetown University's ornate Gaston Hall.
    "This country once looked the other way when a significant number of native Americans were dispossessed and killed to get their land or their mineral rights or because they were thought of as less than fully human.
    "And we are still paying a price today," said Mr. Clinton, who was invited to address the students by the university's School of Foreign Service.
    Mr. Clinton, wearing a gray suit and orange tie, arrived 45 minutes late for the event. Some students camped out overnight to obtain tickets...

Exactly what sucked about that. Everything he said about our nations past was true. Just because he lied under oath about his sexual relations as many republicans have done too (they just weren't president) doesn't make this point any less valid or true.

Comment

He's pointing blame at us for the terrorist attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
        [.
        "This country once looked the other way when a significant number of native Americans were dispossessed and killed to get their land or their mineral rights or because they were thought of as less than fully human....[/QB]

The above comment is a true statement of fact. I know it, you know it.

Clinton however, still sucks.

Jim Burnes

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Burnes:

Clinton however, still sucks.

Jim Burnes

Say it again Jim!
          6P1 (retired)

Comment

CLINTON STILL SUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
              He's pointing blame at us for the terrorist attack.
              Well, this isn't a popular point of opinion and I know I'll get flamed for it but our mid east policies, specifically Israel, have caused a lot of hatred towards us by Arab states. That doesn't make the terrorists justified in using violence but their anger is to a point.

Comment

Clinton has always known the things to say that sound right. He just refused or maybe lacks the moral strength to do right. If he had wanted to do great things, he could have used his office for those ideas, he choose instead to eat pizza and screw.

Kids in college dorms can do that.

I understand that a man who makes it to become President will have political debts to pay. That's American reality; but at some point, in some way Clinton could have displayed some traits of good character. It is just not in him.

When you look into his life, you see that where there is a choice between telling lies or the truth, he lied.

When a moral stance was called for; he embraced moral turpitude.

What opportunities that man had! He wasted every one.

Ergo: Clinton sucks.

Jim Burnes
                (neither democrat nor repulican)

Comment

I'm sorry
                  For something I didn't do
                  Lynched somebody
                  But I don't know who
                  You blame me for slavery
                  A hundred years before I was born

Guilty of being white

I'm a convict
                  Of a racist crime
                  I've only served
                  19 years of my time

Guilty of being white

-Minor Threat, 1981, Dischord Records
                  "The right of the people to bear Arms...shall not be infringed."

Comment

The real question is, who sucks more Bill or Hillary?

Bill will do anything to remain in the limelight. Ok so his comments were true but so f*cking what? This country's past is not perfect but it's present is closer to perfect than any arab country....you know it and I know it.
                    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

When the wind blows up from the south in Texas, Hillarys in Oklahoma!

Comment

quote:
                        "The real question is, who sucks more Bill or Hillary?"

well if it was hillary, i don't think bill would have needed monica now, would he??

ooohhh....i know, that was bad !!

if bill wanted to right some of the wrongs, he had 8 years to do something about it, especially mid-east and arabic/muslim relations. and he did nothing. pass the blame on everyone EXCEPT your own administration. hypocrite! 'nuff said.
                        I'll post, You argue.

Comment

If Clinton was so disappointed with the way Native Americans were and are being treated, he didn't pass laws or exectutive decisions to improve their lives because? Funny how they can talk the talk once they're out of office. Just a thought....

Also, BRICKCOP, just reread your post and had to say, who defines perfect? Us? Clinton? The Arab countries? Another thought to think about....(and this coming from one of the most hardcore republicans pennsylvania has ever seen)

Tex
                          KD5HQD

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: kd5hqd ]

Comment

Originally posted by nickg:
                            quote:
                            "The real question is, who sucks more Bill or Hillary?"

well if it was hillary, i don't think bill would have needed monica now, would he??

if bill wanted to right some of the wrongs, he had 8 years to do something about it, especially mid-east and arabic/muslim relations. and he did nothing. pass the blame on everyone EXCEPT your own administration. hypocrite! 'nuff said.
                            Damn! You beat me to that one!

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: Copper2be ]
                            Copper2be

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3876 users online. 247 members and 3629 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X