300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, finally!

I am now med certified at my job! I can give out medications! I worked my first full day today by myself and it was very nerve racking. My biggest fear was giving out the wrong medications to the wrong people, but the way we go about doing it, it's very difficult to do that unless you're illiterate. So basically I take care of a dozen residents, I administer meds, help with personal care, chart wt. and bp's, etc. I'm basically a nurse without nurses pay!

I tried something new and right now I like it. I am the type of person to be scared to venture out of my shell, especially after being a stay at home mom for the last 8 years.

Now if I enjoy this kind of work, I can get a job at the local hospital and they'll pay for me to go to nursing school.
    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Congratulations! It takes courage to get into something new that way-- but don't you feel empowered when you get to the point of being able to use those new skills, and having new opportunities? Makes life an adventure! I hope this works out really well for you-- it's important to have someone doing that work who cares about doing it right.
    We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
    but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Congrats Tprspouse! That sounds great! Even though I love my current job, I still sometimes think it would be fun to try something different. Glad you're having such success with it!
      "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

That's great, congratulations.

I wish i could try a new career... but it's scary. you get stuck needing a certain amount of money to live, and then cant take chances.
        "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

There are people out there who take advantage of the elderly. Mentally, physically and financially. That is my biggest pet peeve, and it's basically the same as child abuse. This is my way of giving back to them, what some people take away. It makes ME feel better and I get paid for doing it!

Always treat the elderly the way that you'd treat your grandparents.
          "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

Congratulations!!! I'm in the medical field too, and it's very rewarding knowing you're helping someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158766 users online. 167 members and 158599 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X