300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, Ok so I'm a cheap date

I have never met anyone quite like myself when it comes to drinking alcoholic beverages. I'm beginning to think I might be allergic to wine or hard liqour. As soon as I drink half a glass of my fave wine -- White Zinfandel -- my face gets blotchy red and I start to feel it. As soon as the glass is gone the room is spinning and I'm tired and ready for a nap. 1 glass you guys! This is a serious problem here! I keep thinking if I can just build up some tolerance, I might be able to be more social and not fall asleep, the only problem is is I rarely drink. I just like to do it for special occasions like holidays.

It's just embarassing when I go out to social gatherings and I can't have more than one glass. I have always thought it was weird how some people can just drink and party allll night long and I just want to crawl into bed! lol

Good Grief...I'll never be able to hold my liquor...Tell me I'm not the only one that has this issue.
    Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

this is a quandary. do i want a woman who can drink and get loose and take TOTAL advantage of me....or do i want a woman i don't have to spend a whole lot of money on getting drunk??

decisions, decisions!!

[ 03-07-2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: nickg ]
    I'll post, You argue.

Comment

AutumnAngel (aka AA)
      I have had a similar problem with wine. I am not Mr. Wine. Never have been and never will be. We went up to Door County and got a bottle of wine from the winery. I had 1 1/2 glasses at dinner. I got drunk really quick. I ended up seeing supper again about 20 minutes later. About an hour after the wine I got a bad hangover. It was like the all night drinking cycle within 1 hour. I ended up napping soon after.

I am not sure what it is, but I rarely drink wine anymore.
      Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Maybe you should try some RedBull and vodka.

That will get you lit and wake you up.
        SWC class 035
        Cops in Stickburg

Comment

One chug off a beer or any type alcohol and my neck and face turns red. Most girls just think I'm blushing though so it works out fine. heh..heh..

I don't, however, suffer from any other side affects..

[ 03-07-2003, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: m*m ]
          m*m

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by adw 245 Jr.:
            Maybe you should try some RedBull and vodka.

That will get you lit and wake you up.

I like that idea! ... since in my old(er) age, drinking makes me sleepy too [Wink]

And AA, that is funny. my mom was like that her whole life, and never could get used to drinking. i do agree that it might be wine, tho. it does that to me and also gives me a bad burning in my chest right away. i dont drink it at all. beer is much better...and it does make me "warm" but not that instant flush.
            "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

AA... <<<< heh.... ironic huh???

Ahh Wine... I can drink a bottle of resling and get zonked.... I can drink a bottle of white zinfendel and not feel a damn thing.
              NOW... I can drink a half a bottle of Captain Morgans and I'm EFFED UP.
              and beer.. Ish... but I can have about three and bee good for the night.
              Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

quote:
                AA... <<<< heh.... ironic huh???

LOL That is kinda funny huh?

One time I got really sick after drinking a White Russian and a Buttery Nipple -- I was just barely buzzed and I woke up dog sick the next morning. I told my friend that and he said that next time you go out to a bar you need to ask for the liqour on the top shelf because it's higher quality. He says the cheap stuff on the bottom makes a lot of people sick. Who knew????
                Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5348 users online. 324 members and 5024 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X