300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any thoughts on Arlington, TX PD?

I was just wondering if anyone here has gone through the hiring process there, or has any experience or opinions on the department in general? If you have, and you wouldn't mind fielding a couple of questions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

There are a lot of Texans on here, so I am sure someone will be able to help.
    If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

Only thing I've heard is they like to work traffic quite a bit... there pay doesn't really seem as good as some of the other departments around there, yet I believe Arlington requires a BA degree?

Comment

just thought I would bump this up and see if anyone else might chime in...

Comment

Can't help you. Texas is a big ol' place and I am about six hours from there.
          "In my life I have met many people who were quick to point a finger, and but a few that cared enough lift one"

ME

Comment

Yes they require what they refer to are educated officers. The Dallas Morning News featured an article on the chief and he has a PH.D. He stresses the importance of his officers having higher education and being able to deal with the public on a more professional level. I talked to guy who's currently in the process with them to get hired and he is feeling very iffy about it. However he told me the physical fitness est is nothing like DFW Airport test. From the looks of it the higher the education the more they compensate for it.
            MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' 87
              Can't help you. Texas is a big ol' place and I am about six hours from there.
              Me too, but I've heard Arlington's pay isn't as good as some of the other cities around there...or was that Dallas??

Comment

Entry (Academy) 6 Months 1 Year 1.5 Years 2.5 Years 3.5 Years
                3361 mo 3528 mo 3706 mo 3890 mo 4085 mo
                40,332 yr 42,336 yr 44,472 yr 46,680 yr 49,020 yr

3.5 Years 4.5 Years 15 Years 20 Years
                4290 mo 4503 mo 4616 mo 4731 mo
                51,480 yr 54,036 yr 55,392 yr 56,772 yr

P-1 includes all commissioned non-supervisory positions (i.e. Detective, Traffic Officer, and Patrol Officer)

This is the pay scale, looks pretty good.
                MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

Comment

Got Hired

I got hired by Arlington, I'll start in July

Comment

Originally posted by MRG0901
                    I got hired by Arlington, I'll start in July
                    Would you mind dropping me a line when you get a chance?

[email protected]

Thanks and good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3101 users online. 195 members and 2906 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X