Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland Bureau of Police...

I PASSED !!!!!!!!!

I passed the Portland Police Bureau's (Portland, Oregon) written exam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's only the first step in a long process but I'm really excited about it.

Wish me luck...
    Forgive your enemies. But never forget their names.
    - Pres. John F. Kennedy

Congrats, neighbor! Hope you pass all the tests! Portland is a beautiful city to work for!

[ 03-07-2003, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: AutumnAngel ]
    Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

Well... if you're sure that's what you want... congratulations. Where are you on the eligibility list? I passed a year or two ago and was 222. I figured that I was too far down the list to be considered, but they did call me back after several months. I didn't get the message in time. Oh well. Not my first choice, but congratulations again.

Mike
      "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

Well, 600 people took the exam and 128 are on the eligibility list. On that list I'm number 70. Not as high as I would like but at least I'm on the list!
        - Pres. John F. Kennedy

Comment

Slightly off topic here, but years ago, when I was an avid "Cops" watcher, I recall some episodes filmed in Portland and Mutlnomah (sp?) county.

I STILL recall a very sharp officer named Lon Sweeny from those episodes.

Anyone here recall those episodes or even know this officer personally?

He was a stocky older officer (like me ) that took ZERO SH*T from the BGs. I recall one instance where he had a motorcycle chase and the MC driver stopped briefly in a cul-de-sac and the officer was out of the car in a flash and knocked the rider AND MOTORCYCLE to the ground HARD!)and took him into custody.

Another involved a suspicious person in a park that was supposedly armed, and the officer found him sitting at a picnic table with other subjects. The officer asked him VERY professionally (but nicely) to stand for a pat-down, and the guy passively resisted, and the officer IMMEDIATELY took him to the ground in a text-book armbar (I never can make those work that pretty) and cuffed him, and searched him, finding a toy pistol. The officer then had a word of prayer about how inconsiderate and potentially dangerous that was.

This guy was S-H-A-R-P! He reminded me alot of me ( [Wink] ) and took no BS. He could be may back up anyday!
          People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

I remember those episodes but I don't know when they were filmed. Most of the COPS episodes I seen that portray the Portland are usually involve the Multnomah Co. Sheriff's Dept. THe few that show the Portland Police are from the late 1980's & early 1990's.

I agree that that officer knew what he was doing...
            - Pres. John F. Kennedy

Comment

Those episodes were just replayed here on tuesday. That guy was rough!! He pulled some of that old school stuff I wish I could get away with these days. Some of those things he did, imho, went just a bit past professional. Picking the guy with the toy gun up off the ground by his hair was a little close to crossing the line.
              Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4497 users online. 306 members and 4191 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X