Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should shorts be allowed in law enforcement?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should shorts be allowed in law enforcement?

Unless you are on a bike shorts shouldn't be worn in law enforcement.

They look unprofessional.

If you allow shorts in law enforcement they should allow muscle shirts.

Not with my chicken legs they shouldn't be allowed
    If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

I agree....unless you're pedaling a bike, or you're about to, shorts look ridiculous on a cop.
      Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

If you worked here in Texas in the summer, you'd be wearing shorts, too. Regardless of what your legs look like.
        "Only imperfection is intolerant of imperfection"

Comment

Originally posted by TXLady
          If you worked here in Texas in the summer, you'd be wearing shorts, too. Regardless of what your legs look like.

I was waiting for you to say something....hell, the cops here would wear Speedos on some days...if they could. Imagine that! We went to Sea World the other day...it was 96 degrees..........humid as hell. I felt like a boiled egg.

Comment

Originally posted by TXLady
            When I was on the Mounted Unit, I used to ride a 1600lb radiator (horse), while wearing polyester/wool breeches, polyester uniform shirt, a helmet, and tall leather boots in 90 degree weather, so I have no sympathy for cops who complain that their legs are hot.
            Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

They should allow LEO's to wear "adidas" or "nike" shorts. Thoes look good!
              Dont wait...Procrastinate now!

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
                When I was on the Mounted Unit, I used to ride a 1600lb radiator (horse), while wearing polyester/wool breeches, polyester uniform shirt, a helmet, and tall leather boots in 90 degree weather, so I have no sympathy for cops who complain that their legs are hot.
                Got me. Not a thing I can say to that...
                "Only imperfection is intolerant of imperfection"

Comment

Personally, I don't wear shorts on duty, as I don't think they project a professional image. In fact, the last cop I saw wearing shorts had such scrawny legs, it looked like he was riding an Osterich!
                  Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

I dont think shorts look professional.

Comment

I do not allow my employess in the electrical industry to wear shorts no matter how hot they get....Doesn't look good
                      Leave Space Empty

Comment

I can't imagine wrestling around with somebody on the ground and wearing shorts. That's some road rash there.
                        Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Mixed feelers on this one

We have the option of wearing either bike shorts or regular duty shorts. I wear the bike shorts on occasion when it gets above 110. It gives me the opportunity to work on my tan.... Actually the pants aren't the problem its the vest and shirt that make me hot. And of course our color is black....in phx....in the summer..... The only problem I see with the shorts is the foot pursuits over the walls cuz sometimes..... mi mi mi... we run through the briars and we run through the brambles, we run through the places that a rabbitt wouldn't go...la la la...opps, sorry anyway, my legs get trashed chasing peeps.
                          There's no substitute for strength,
                          and no excuse for a lack of it!!

Comment

Interaction Makes You Professional, Not Your Clothes

IMHO, the way you treat someone dictates your level of professionalism, not your wardrobe. Granted, if you look like a tool, then that doesn't help your cause, but in general, the way you treat someone will demonstrate your skills.

In Phx, in the summer, it is well over 115 degrees, and for first shift, pants don't always work. Our firefighters wear shorts also, and they are professional.

It all boils down to what you are used to, and what you have grown up with. It reminds me of the hat thread where everyone debated the best cover for officers to wear. For me, growing up in a new city, NO ONE here wears anything other then ball caps, unless they wear the campaign covers (mostly DPS) so when I see those old school hats, I cringe. Doesn't make them bad, only what I am used to.

So, maybe you aren't used to seeing officers in shorts, but we don't bat an eye at it. There are officers that swear by them, and there are others that wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. I just don't think sweeping generalizations fit the bill here. Most often, if you see a day shift officer in pants, you wonder what the hell is going on, it

Comment

Very broad generalizations! - i don't agree with that at all.

1. Cops do not look ridiculous in shorts.
                              2. Cops do not look unprofessional in shorts.

I'll tell you what looks unprofessional....

*Cops so overweight their belly hangs out underneath their vest.
                              *Cops that are obviously out of shape and not in the position to do their jobs to the fulllest extent they may need to.

.....and what looks ridiculous...

*Handlebar mustaches
                              *Avator type sunglasses (Think Reno911)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6283 users online. 345 members and 5938 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X