300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Were Soldiers

This movie.. sigh.. this movie has to be the best Vietnam war movie I have ever seen and yes, I have seen quite a few (my dad and I are Vietnam war movie buffs). Mel Gibson is superb (and quite good looking ). The story lines are executed in a very touching way and the cinematography is reminescent of Saving Private Ryan. The screenplay was written by the same man, Randall Wallace, who wrote Braveheart which is another of the my favorites.

I also like the way they didn't paint the Vietnamese to be total evil heathens. They were able to do this movie in a tasteful manner that showed a bit from their perspective as well.

If you haven't see it... GO
    No partner is worth your tears -
    the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

It is a pretty good flick.
    "But if it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul alive." from Henry V, by Wm. Shakespeare

Comment

I still say you can't beat Deer Hunter for good Vietnam war flicks...
      Education is nothing without experience to back it up.

Comment

Ol' Mel does a pretty good job with that Southern accent.

Comment

Read the book, 'We Were Soldiers Once and Young'. If the hopeless situations that young officer found himself in doesn't bring a tear to your eye.....
          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
          -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Sorry but I was totally bored throughout the movie. The only part that captured my interest was showing how the wives pulled together back at home. Otherwise I was bored to tears.

Comment

I thought the movie was great. It seemed to me it had just started and it was over. I can hardly wait till it comes out on DVD.
              RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3826 users online. 239 members and 3587 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X