300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need creative ideas for raising money

One of the teams I lead wants to buy jackets but we need to raise money to purchase them.

I am thinking of a "Thirty Three and a Third" idea where you sell tickets... (like the 50/50 draw) but this time 1/3 goes to the winner, 1/3 to the jackets and 1/3 to a local charity.

We don't want to get into the chocolate thing.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for raising money that you found successful???

P.S.... To Mike Sullivan
    No Mike, there will be NO KISSING BOOTH!

Good thing. You'd spend all your money on me.

Comment

What kind of team is it?

Can you use your local FOP hall to have a dance or something?
      No partner is worth your tears -
      the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Dance.... that might be good!
        Different "sports" team of males age 24-45.

Comment

Just sixty short miles from the Desert Paradise of Las Vegas, is the beautiful little community of Pahrump Nevada. In this little community are a couple of ranches that just might make you some money. One is The Chicken Ranch, the other is The Cherry Patch. I understand that both are looking for girls and that the pay is pretty good!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, ok, ok. So you don't like that idea.

How about a marathon of some type either a walk/run or bike ride. Something like they do for MD. Have the participants get folks to sponsor them for so much a mile.
          6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Don:
            Just sixty short miles from the Desert Paradise of Las Vegas, is the beautiful little community of Pahrump Nevada. In this little community are a couple of ranches that just might make you some money. One is The Chicken Ranch, the other is The Cherry Patch. I understand that both are looking for girls and that the pay is pretty good!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BRING IT ON! Momma!

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwoman:
              Different "sports" team of males age 24-45.
              I just want to watch this team practice! ... do they need a water girl??
              "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Dunking booth with cops getting dunked.

Our FOP chapter did that and made a good chunk of change. One guy paid $50.00 just so he could dunk one certain cop he hated because the cop had busted him several times.

Comment

Ok WonderWoman this is just between you and me so keep quiet about it!

I have one particular method for "generating revenue" that is absolutely fool proof and guaranteed to work!

First you buy one kilo of pure "snow" and some cutting agents, by the time your through you have 2 kilos of pure "snow"

Now you have to go out and "recruit" a local "sales professional", you do this by scaring the living shi.........by giving him the sales pitch and explaining the benefits of accepting your "job offer"

There you have it, a quick and easy money maker, its guaranteed to meet all your fund raising needs.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwoman:
                    One of the teams I lead wants to buy jackets but we need to raise money to purchase them.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for raising money that you found successful???
                    You could do a toned down strongman/strongwoman event.

You might post a question on the North American Strongman Society (NASS http://home.swbell.net/wwillyh/index.html ) amateur strongman discussion boards. Here are two:
                    http://members.boardhost.com/NAStrongman/ http://pub54.ezboard.com/btheanvil88051

There are a few Canadians that post there and head up the Canadian amateur divisions.

Could be good publicity for you and the amateur strongmen groups in your area.

Maybe you can get Hugo (huge-o) Girard ( http://www.hugogirard.com ) the great big STRONG Canadian cop to show up and say hi. He's located in Gatineau Quebec (I don't know if that is close to you).

Hope this helps!!

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jellybean40:

Thy get enough water from my drooling!

Comment

Don... the marathon idea would be good!!

Zamboni..... dunking booth is good! I know just the target that would make a lot of money!!!

SpecOpsWarrior.....I know you wanted it kept quiet, but I reviewed your idea with the team and they would like to invite you to the next practice!

wearbear, I'll check out those sites (especially HUGO!).... I am just not sure they could bear to loose a tug of war against a WOMAN!

[ 11-03-2001: Message edited by: wonderwoman ]

Comment

I've seen on TV a couple of times where groups raised money by printing calenders featuring photos of their members in various stages of dress/undress.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by wonderwoman:
                            Originally posted by jellybean40:

Thy get enough water from my drooling!

LMAO!! ...ok, i'll towel them off then!
                            "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

The dance idea is good. The tickets for admission will give you some money. But you could also get free door prizes from business, you could also even get the thing catered for free.

Companies like doing this stuff, its called "goodwill" advertising giving a product for free is cheaper than a newspaper ad, typically. The key is giving lots of outside exposure to the community and having a charity that they would want to attach the company name to.

Several years ago a friend of mine was out of work, being laid off from a local TV station all he knew was how to work a camera. A group of friends laid off with him had planned a big fishing trip that they had to cancel. He joked "we should raise money like a charity". Not wanting to committ fraud, they turned the fishing trip into a fishing show pilot. Offering the lodge, airlines, rental boat/car companies, hounrable mention through-out the show, everything was done for free. They sold the pilot episode to city TV where it ran for 3 yrs,and 42 episodes so they also got employment.

Use your imagination you have the added bonus of being a group people want to be seen supporting. Call the people in charge of marketing and show how much exposure you can give them!!!!!!

Koenig
                              #||||
                              "I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state appointed psychiatrist is our "friend."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3149 users online. 156 members and 2993 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X