300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have cable problems?

I love cable and never had any problems with it until the last 2 weeks. It went out on me and they sent a guy out who said, "Yep, there's something wrong with it and we will have it fixed in 72 hours." I almost split a gut. Luckily, others in the neighborhood had problems too so they came out right away.
    Then, it went out on me 2 days ago. I called them and they gave me the run around. My husband got back from out of town and he called them and they were here in 15 minutes! And, they got it going but they said they just touched a few things, there was nothing wrong they could find. They called it "Cable Goblins". Cable is great but it ain't cheap. That's why I get so mad when something happens to it. They had a great track record until here recently.

What cable provider do you have?

Comment

My @home service was interupted last week a couple of times for less than 15 minutes each time. Thats the only problem I have noticed.
      I have had @home for over a 18 months and the service has actually gotten better. The bandwidth has been better the last few months possible due to upgrades they did. The upgrades also included a increase in price to $45 (including modem) or $35 (you supply modem).

Comment

I am with mediaone. This is the first time I have had problems. They were out a lot sooner then they said they would be. They just went up to 38$ a month to improve service.
        The time it took to correct things had gotten to the point the city was considering fining them.
        They were fairly prompt this time.
        The other thing I have noticed is that it occasionaly lags and I have to reboot my computer. They said this will get better also.

Comment

Try Satelite Dish, Any one is fine. Direct TV is pretty reliable. I also live in a state with mild weather. So i am unsure how other more severe weather states are getting along with satelite.
          "To each his own"

Comment

I have had a Sat Dish for about 4 years now, and I DON'T plan on going back to cable!!! Long outages, poor picture and audio quality, lack of channels, and no subscriptions to sports packages....no thanks!! I'll keep my Sat Dish thank you.
            I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Satallite Internet connections? Yuck!
              Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Don't know this to be true about small satelites like dishnetwork or direct tv, but have heard that during a good pouring down rain, you lose signal. Anyone had any experience with this?

My cable stays fairly consistent. The only thing keeping me from going to a small satelite is losing my cable modem internet connection, because I will never go back to dial-up service again after cable modems.
                "Why is it that our children cannot read the Bible in school, yet they can in prison?"

Comment

Yeah, we get those on our dish. It only occurs during really heavy storms, usually, but you can see the interferance. But then again, most cable companies get their signals from giant satallite dishes themselves; but then again, I'm sure the sheer size of those dishes make interferance practically non existant.
                  Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6078 users online. 365 members and 5713 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X