300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled Over

Well, it finally happened. I was pulled over for the first time. It was 11:30 at night, driving with my dad from Houston to Austin. A Texas State Trooper was going real slow, so I slowed to right below the speed limit, but still pass him. Right after I pass him, he pulls behind me and flips the lights. I very nervously pull over with my blinker on and slow down. After stopping, I knew to turn on the dome light and keep my hands on the wheel. I completely complied with his demands, and responded only with yes sir or no sir. He informed me that my left tailight was out. When my dad showed him the sticked showing the car had been inspected just days before, the officer let me go with warning. He was very kind and courteous, and now I've passed my first time of being pulled over, so it should be easier from now on

Kyle
    KD5HQD

Originally posted by kd5hqd:
    and now I've passed my first time of being pulled over, so it should be easier from now on

Kyle
    KD5HQD
    Kyle, Kyle, Kyle, Kyle, if I new your middle and last name I would sound just like your mother when you are in trouble!!!!! What are you planning to do to get pulled over in the future???? Are you planning on being pulled over a lot?

That's OK, wait until it is your first time as a LE rookie to pull over somebody else! You will likely be more nervous that first time than you were when YOU were stopped.
    6P1 (retired)

Comment

My dh told me that the first time he got pulled over it was for speeding. His mother was in the car with him and she kept insisting that he drive faster! Hahaha, she'll never lived that one down.

Comment

Kyle,
        You did everything right. Good for you. Glad to see your first experience with the law was a good one. Keep that same attitude and hopefully any other stops will be the same way.
        "You have the right to remain silent. USE IT!!"

"I wouldn't believe you if your tongue was notarized". Judge M. Milian

Comment

At least you didn't have my experience. My first time was only a couple of weeks after I got my license. I was about 10-15 over the limit and the cop had just got done working a wreck down the road. He tore me a new one. I think I have it all figured out though. The ones that are rude are going to cite, but the real nice guys are going to give me a warning. That's the way it's been.
          "I will not use my patrol car as a desert prerunner unless in pursuit."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4220 users online. 308 members and 3912 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X