Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My daughter's boyfriend's DAD is such an A**HOLE!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My daughter's boyfriend's DAD is such an A**HOLE!

My daughter and her boyfriend have been dating for over 2 years, are in college and plan on getting married. They started out as best friends in elementary school and 'it' sorta 'happened'. Of all the boyfriends she's ever had, he is THE BEST by far. A dad COULD NOT ask for a better boyfriend for his daughter.

The PROBLEM is his IDIOT dad...

My daughter's boyfriend is an exceptional baseball player: 19, 602/185.....LEFT-handed and has a 90mph fast ball. He's also a Nursing student, making very good grades.

His IDIOT dad told him tonight(after a ballgame) that he 'needs to break up with his girlfiend and concentrate on baseball so he can support his family' and 'if not baseball, he needs to become an anethesiologist instead of an RN'....so 'he can support his family'. This IDIOT is trying to live HIS live over through his son.

God gave everyone an a**hole...THIS idiot stood in line 3 times!
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Hopefully he will have the guts to make up his own mind.

Reminds me of the Eric Lindros situation and how his dad has spoilt his career for him because Eric never had the guts to stand up to him.

Comment

I suspect that his comment might only work in getting them closer together.
      He is an idiot, RN's if they work a little overtime can make 75K no problem. That is enough to take care of a family don't you think?

Comment

Haha, take care of his family, and mom & dad, of course... Pops must not have planned too carefully for retirement. That's pretty low, expecting your kids to take care of you; if I was a parent, the last thing I'd want to be is a burden on my kids.
        Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
        -Mark Twain

Comment

He can support his family QUITE WELL on an RN's income. My sister is an RN and works in CCU. When my wife was working as an asst supervisor at 911, her income and mine together didn't equal what my sister made, even before OT. Even better, she only works 3 days a week.

My wife is now in nursing school and will graduate in Aug.
          "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Comment

Shooter.. he does sound like a jerk. The boy needs to stand up and be a man... and tell his dad to take a flying leap...
            Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

It seems to me that maybe dad is more concerned about his son becoming a NURSE. From the limited information available, it seems like he is the sort to look down on a man going into a traditionally female-oriented career. Hence the 'justification' of recommending a career that pays better. If the bonehead knew anything about the nursing shortage in this country, he'd realize it's probably the best field to go into right now, if you're at all interested in the medical professions. Experienced RNs around here easily make over $50K, and everyone's clamoring for them.

Besides, nurses don't have to pay outrageous rates for malpractice insurance.
              Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

If he talks to you, just say, "STAY STRONG". In-laws can be a real problem. I know that from my sons brief marriage. His ex-mother-in-law was an ex-felon and about as manipulative as they come. My son was stuck with thousands of dollars of medical bills beause her daughter was paying her mother to pay attention to her. She and her mother went out and spent $2,000 on furniture without saying a word to my son. Of course, the MIL got free furniture too.
                I believe your soon-to-be son-in-law will be strong, shooter. Your daughter is a real sweetheart and he knows that. He will stand up to that thing called a father.

[ 03-03-2003, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Mitzi1 ]

Comment

I'm not taking the father's side by any means but isn't 19 a little young to be getting married...or even planning on it? People aren't nearly the "people" they're going to be when they are that age. If I've heard it once, I've heard it a thousand times...when asked why they divorced, a couple answers..."they just aren't the person they were when we got married".
                  In any case, good luck with this. They sound like great kids!

Comment

Too young to be considering marriage? Nahhh.... My wife and I were both 19 when we got engaged. I was 21 and she was 20 when we got married. Our 21st Anniversary is this May 16th. [Wink]
                    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I was married when I had just turned 20. We will celebrate our 33rd anniversary May 23. It's all about committment and love.

Comment

Shooter it sounds like your daughter found a good guy. I do agree with others that 19 is a bit young to be getting married. Young people that age have often not quite decided where they want to go with their lives. All too frequently they end up wanting to go in different directions later. An RN's salary is quite adequate for a family. Of more concern to me would be what the young man wants to do regarding baseball. If he intends to try and make it in baseball the life of a minor leaguer and marriage do NOT go together. Before marriage he should either give up on baseball or have made it to the Majors.
                        Bill R

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by shooter1201:
                          Too young to be considering marriage? Nahhh.... My wife and I were both 19 when we got engaged. I was 21 and she was 20 when we got married. Our 21st Anniversary is this May 16th. [Wink]

First, congratulations!
                          Second, 21 years ago was a different time with different values. With a divorce rate of over 50% today, marriage is certainly not the sacred institution that people of our generation believed it to be. I think that if a 19 year old couple date for a 3-4 years and end up getting married...that's great. It's still even money if it will last but that's another story. However, I think two 19 year olds (in todays world) that meet and get married are jumping in over their heads.

Comment

His father is an idiot. Be an anesthesiologist instead of an RN? Sure, pick a career which requires something like 8 years before you ever really finish the education, then have to pay $100K annually in malpractice premiums. Or focus on a career as a baseball player and forget real life? He's just one slight twist of the shoulder from saying goodbye rotator cuff and hello to a real job.

Dad sounds like a little-d***ed failed athlete who bullies his son. He probably tries to get in fights with Little League umpires. Son should tell him to pound sand.
                            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I have learned to dread future inlaws more then the one my son marries. He married at 20 and was divorced before their first anniversary when he caught her with a much older man. It was heartbreaking.
                              This young man sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders, shooter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4031 users online. 251 members and 3780 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X