300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Advice Recieved

Just curious as to what some of the best advice people have recieved and applied over the years.
    One of my former Explorer teachers was REAL big on Officer safety, I still remind people to "always look up." I also tend to be pay attention to where I am (since the night he smacked the side of the car with his hand, slammed on the brakes and says " I have just been shot....where are we?" ) So, I notice street signs and the like
    anyone else?
    stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

I practice that even when I'm jogging. Every street I turn on I say to myself North on Main st 500 block, etc. I also try to notice every weird looking car and anything else out of the ordinary and then do a radio call in my head on what I saw.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

remember this and you will have a successful career in law enforcement......people are no damn good
      Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Watch every person's hands.

Comment

How about something along the lines of:
          "Don't take no **** from nobody."
          Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
          Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

The one piece of advice that sticks out in mind, however, was one that I got in my second week of training. My FTO advised me to "be careful who you trust." Over the years, I've found this to be EXTREMELY beneficial. This FTO is now one of my best friends, and someone I trust with anything. There are way too many smile-to-your-face, but stab-you-in-the-back jerk-offs out there.
            "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!'"

Comment

Don't write it on paper if you don't want it to come back and haunt you
              "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

1) We don't get paid for what we do, we get paid for what we might have to do.

2) Your career is a marathon, not a sprint.
                Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Hands kill.
                  "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

"Be sure to know more about your enemies than they know about you"
                    It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Anyone can kill you.

Never trust anyone from Internal Affairs, always have a Rep.
                      "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

When you walk into a room full of people, be kind, professional and humane. Also form a plan incase you have to kill everybody in that room.

Comment

Dont assume voluntary compliance, be pleasantly surprised if it comes.
                          Retired 02/01/13

Comment

Your life is the 16 hours you spend outside of the job everyday. You work to live.
                            Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by Twelve Volt Man
                              The one piece of advice that sticks out in mind, however, was one that I got in my second week of training. My FTO advised me to "be careful who you trust." Over the years, I've found this to be EXTREMELY beneficial. This FTO is now one of my best friends, and someone I trust with anything. There are way too many smile-to-your-face, but stab-you-in-the-back jerk-offs out there.
                              You stole my answer. Very good advice though. Don't trust anybody.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4139 users online. 260 members and 3879 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X