Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleted

[ 03-06-2003, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

LMAO... that's a good one!!! We're on a repeater also but THAT'S never happened. A blown fuse, a bad connection, a failed part... ours never went down due to excessive use though..LOL..
    Next he'll be complaining about low productivity in the field...
    " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Chiefs like to make you think that everything that happens is your fault. Control through paranioa.. woopty woop

Comment

Actually I'd be willing to bet that he was told this by a radio tech. Probably the same one that has a long term service contract where he is paid the same amount whether he works on the system or not. Probably also the one who really doesn't want to have to replace that repeater. . .
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

You can guess at my use of our radio system by the way I post on this and other forums. If over-use of the radio was going to cause a repeater to crash, then we would have had a new radio system YEARS ago, solely due to me.

Your Department's radio techs are pulling the wool over your Chief's eyes - and that is the most polite way to put it.

Try to convince the Chief to go in on a new system with some surrounding Departments, or else link up to another's Departments current system. And whatever your Department does, STAY AWAY FROM 800 MHZ! The Provincial phone company tried to get our Force to go over to their version of such a system in 1996, but despite the phone company's infrastructure they could not provide the coverage that we needed. So, after spending a bunch of money to start migrating to their system, in 1998 we came to an abrupt halt. It took until last year, but our techs have begun to wire up our own system (picture Texas doubled in square miles but 1/10 the population) that is SUPPOSED to be up-and-running by this July.
          #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
          Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
          RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
          Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
          "Smile" - no!

Comment

Hey Shooter he MAY be correct!!!! [Eek!]

I told your story tonight to a radio communications guy that I know. (He does work for a lot of PD's in this state). He just looked at me and said "That's not unsual, they probably have a low power repeater".

He says: There are low AND high power repeaters. Some PD's purchase the less expensive low power version, thinking they're saving money, and when there's frequent radio traffic back and forth the repeater basically never "shuts down" and therefor can overheat the unit.
            This does not occur with the high power repeaters. (he says my PD uses H/P).
            " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

gone, too

[ 03-06-2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

Maybe they need to spring for some squelch oil.
                Dave Kiefner
                [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

What is ocver? lol

Comment

I guess I should have paid more attention to Orwell's 1984 when I read it in high school....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3792 users online. 143 members and 3649 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X