300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just what we need!

Just what I need huh... One A-hole f**ks everything up and taints the whole department.

They should have fired Fagan Jr., he was a ticking time bomb.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2003/02/28/national1408EST0642.DTL

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2003/02/28/MN101997.DTL

So did Chief Sanders get indicted or not? One article said he did, the other didn't. I met Sanders about 12 years back. He was an expert use-of-force witness (on my side) when I got sued. (The case was a crock and got dropped.) The now-Chief was a really nice guy.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Yes, he got indicted.

Comment

help me out......

who goes out for drinks w/ the chief?

[ 02-28-2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: spaz ]
        Luke 3:14
        Then some soldiers asked him [Jesus], "And what should we do?" He replied, "Don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely–be content with your pay."

Comment

The Chief was not drinking... Here's a simple version:

3 drunk cops beat up 2 bar patrons. They fight over a meal in a doggy bag. real stupid.

Anyways, one of the cops is the son of Asst. Chief Fagan.

They tried to cover the whole thing up.

Please read this link, it has been updated.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2003/02/28/MNcops.DTL

Comment

this is really terrible... ugh.

A lot of the higher-ranking officers are getting indicted.

Another arrow in the side of the SFPD.

Comment

Y'know, I really don't like grand jury indictments. And it's not just because Hallinan (liberal POS that he is - has about the worst trial record in the state) ordered them to indict cops in this case. It's because the grand jury basically is an arm of the DA, in that they receive the information the DA feeds them, in a totally one-sided hearing.

Even though the indictment (in California) replaces a preliminary hearing, in which a judge determines if there is enough evidence to go to trial, the defendant still has the right to an open public proceeding, and to cross-examine witnesses.

The way DA's present the evidence, and can be very selective, there is no way that grand juries won't indict.

With the recent outcry against secret military tribunals, why hasn't there been a similar outcry against secret tribunals at the county level?

Grand jury indictments are so often a shortcut to proper case preparation for a prelim.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Hallinan is useless as a DA. In the interview tonight, he said "I am obligated to prosecute all crimes committed within San Francisco." If that's the case, why does he dismiss so many drug cases?

The off-duty guys screwed up ... conduct unbecoming, and, yes, worthy of criminal charges, just as any other citizen. As for everything else ... cover-up? I'm not sure. That's a pretty strong accusation, and even with transferring a lot of Lt's and above in to other units ... our Chief did the same thing ... transferred probably more than 25 members of the command staff around.

Just glad this is not my agency ...
                I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Yeh this whole thing sucks for everyone.

The sad thing is, a lot of San Francisco residents don't really support their PD. Everyone dislikes the cops here.

Did you know that Hallinan has 50+ homicide cases pending!? [Eek!]

Comment

What a MESS! So the 3 officers got in a fight over steak fahijatas and the others indicted tried to cover it up?????

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3256 users online. 145 members and 3111 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X