300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Keys!

Picked up the keys to my new apartment about an hour ago. I've already moved some stuff over - I plan to have dinner there tonight (plus I'm looking forward to trying this new fangled device they have that my old apartment didn't - it's called a "dishwasher").

So, my evening calls for another hour or so of lugging stuff over (it's about 3/4th of a mile away), then hooking up the TV & DVD, doing a grocery run, picking up some General Tso's chicken on my way back, and popping in "Big Trouble in Little China" upon my return.

Go Jack!

(PS - you'll be without my company for a few days, my broadband doesn't get re-installed until this weekend, alas.)

[ 06-09-2003, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: CiaJ ]

I think you are going to like the dishwasher. I grew up with one. Then when I moved out, I became the dishwasher. You don't know what you got until it's gone.

After my first place, a dishwasher was a must.
    Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Awww ciaj, we're gonna miss you around these parts for awhile. Glad you're excited about the move though. Be careful with that new device, don't make any sudden moves; it could bite.
      Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

yeah, it's basically like a huge kettle

it uses massively hot water, almost boiling to blast the dishes clean

just like a kettle the heating pipes begin to "scale up" so you need "salt" to soften the water, to stop that

"Big Trouble in little china" yikes - I remember the trailers for that film! Best trailer for a film ever! I saw the trailer so many times, by the time I came to see the film .......
        from your old mate
        c h i e f y
        global chiefy to yer seadog seafarin' maties

Comment

I'm familiar with a dishwasher ... I just haven't used one in the last four years since I moved out, so it'll be a change having one again. Hopefully it works, 'cuz I just packed my dirty dishes!!!

Comment

Have a good move and remember the dishwasher doesn't cook... it cleans!!

Comment

Good luck with the move! Chinese food, yumm...
              BTW, check your PM's.
              M.E.

Comment

Have fun in your new place!

Good luck with the mail!
                "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Either this dishwasher thing is cracked up for more than it is, or the brand of detergent I picked up sucks. How pathetic is this? 11pm and I'm still luggin' stuff so my "muscle" tomorrow has less to do. Grrr. Ah well.

Comment

Enjoy your new place Crazy.
                    Bill R

Comment

Anyhoo. Picked up my boss' truck at 8am on Tuesday - Dodge Ram, with a bed just under six feet (I know 'cuz we had to have the tailgate open to fit in the futon). Anyway, my buddies I roped into helping me showed up shortly after 10, and we were done by 1:30. Took me a couple of hours to clean out the old place - dump the trash, clean off the counters and interior of cabinets, spackle the walls, try (and fail) to pull down the braces for the blinds, vacuum, ending with loading the few remaining items I owned (including two very scared furballs) into the truck, and then unloading at the new place. All said and done, I finally finished at about 5pm.

Gosh, I said to myself, y'know what would be great? A nice cold shower. Oh, gee, look what isn't working. The SHOWER. I'm no tech-head, but I eventually realized the reason it wasn't working was that the knob hadn't been properly attached, so I screwed it on nice and tight (after spending an hour looking for the friggin' screwdriver), and finally took my shower.

I still have to unpack.

On the bright side, they installed new carpet throughout the apartment, and they also completely redid the kitchen - new appliances, cabinets, and counter-tops. It's purty.

Comment

Glad to have ya back ciaj! You probably don't know what to do with yourself with all that space you have now. [Wink]
                        Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

You think you're kidding, but you're not.

Seriously, maybe I should've gone for a one bedroom!!! Naaaah.

Comment

Yesterday on House Hunters (my husband and I are hopelessly addicted to HGTV - ) they showed a 23 year old young lady who was living in a very small, cramped, 1 bedroom guest house. With her parent's help, she was buying a house. Every house the realtor took her to, she said the same thing, "It's seems small." My husband and I looked at each other, aghast, saying "Well, if she doesn't want it, we'll take it!" Our apt is not small, but it's not huge either. Anyway, she ended up with a very large, 3 bedroom, 2 bath home with a pool AND a guest house. WOW! At least this one wasn't too small for this 23 year old single woman who lives alone.

CIAJ - congratulations on the new place...more space...have fun with it!!!
                            "Americans don't want a mentally unstable president; he might start a war or something." - Bill Maher

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by auntysuz63:
                              ... At least this one wasn't too small for this 23 year old single woman who lives alone.

CIAJ - congratulations on the new place...more space...have fun with it!!!

I'm single (but taken) and live by myself in a 3BR 2 Bath 1800 Sq Ft house on 1.6 acres!

Congratulations, CiaJ, you will enjoy the extra space. I'm still getting used to mine. I went from about 1000 Sq Ft to what I have now, and it's a BIG change, especiall in the layout.
                              Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5505 users online. 308 members and 5197 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X