Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's what the road atlas doesn't show you. As you take 319 East out of our little town you immediately begin climbing into the Pine Valley Mountains of Utah. In 10 minutes, you are over 7000 ft and it looks more like this.

Mountains east of town

Tha actual village of Pine Valley:
    Pine Valley
    is almost exactly one hour from the house and it is gorgeous there. In the healthy days, that is where the wife and I used to go on the motorcycles for anniversaries and things. Now it's a day trip

These are a couple of the fishing holes on the Nevada side.

State Park

another state park

I don't know why they picked the picture they did for this one. It doesn't begin to show what it actually looks like. This place is really cool to hike and climb in. It is a long canyon with tons of narrows and litle caves:

This one's only about two miles from the house

And here's the county Chamber of Commerce propaganda site.

Lincoln County Nevada

I guess that's enough show and tell for now.

Comment

Hey Rat, I admire your courage to move. I duck hunt at Key Pittman, and I love that area. My family was considering moving to overton to get away from this crazy city. I hope all works out for you, I hope you can make it with the commuting, I would hate to see you leave for another agency...take care brother....

Comment

Thanks for the overview. I did a lot of research and travel trying to figure out where to retire. The only reason I wound up in Pa. is it was close to my NY doctors.

Many people who talk about moving don`t have the courage. Other factors are family. I hope you do well.
        Life is like a 3 ring circus and cops have a front row seat. It`s The Greatest Show On Earth.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Pigskin:
          Change in routine is hard to take but maybe things will work out well for you without a whole lot of trouble. Good luck!

Actually, i thrive on it. I cant wait to move. I'm just not sure where yet. it was going to be Maine, but after this NJ winter i'm not sure!

DR, i'm excited for you. yes it does take courage, but it sounds like you have mostly everything figured out, and that you picked a spot that you'll love. it will be good for your relaxing hobbies too. good luck and have fun!

(and the pictures are gorgeous!)

[ 03-03-2003, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Pintobean:
            I hope you can make it with the commuting, I would hate to see you leave for another agency....

Hi Sarge:

Didn't know you were still lurking around here. I'm not too worried about it. I still have my Dad down here and tons of friends so it's not like I'll be bored. I already work swings anyway so not seeing the kids during the week will be no different than it is now. Besides, even though they pay decent up there, it's not what we make here and the almighty $$$$$$$$$$$ can sure be an incentive.

Comment

You sound so happy, DR! How is your wife doing? The pictures, especially of the mountains, were so beautiful! It's hot here right now, almost 80 nd very humid. I sure would like to move a little further north!

[ 03-05-2003, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Mitzi1 ]

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Mitzi1:
                You sound so happy, DR! How is your wife doing? The pictures, especially of the mountains, were so beautiful! It's hot here right now, almost 80 nd very humid. I sure would like to move a little further north!

She is doing much better. Far from "normal" but I do not have to nurse her hardly at all any more. She can take care of most of the problems herself and has even made a couple of runs into town with me for shopping and things the last couple of weeks. That wears her out of course and she sleeps for the entire next day but at least for a little while I get to feel like I'm married again anyway. Hopefully, she will just keep improving. At least, until the next big surgery.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5872 users online. 333 members and 5539 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X