300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it my Destiny?

Judging by other posts on multiple threads I have gathered the most of the people on these boards do not have the highest opinion of troopers, especially of the NY variety. (judging by some of the posts I can see why) But If my hopes come to be and I make it as a NY trooper am I destined to be an ***** and be disliked by all, LEOs or otherwise....
    When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

The beautiful thing about law enforcement is that you can decide how you want to spend your time (between calls). You have a lot of discretion in how you deal with most situations. When you first get hired and are on probation, you'll want to toe the line, do things the way everyone else does. But once off probation you'll have a little more leeway to do the job how you want to (within policy, of course). Be the kind of cop you want to be. But if the NYSP reputation is as bad as you say, prepare to be judged on who you work for as opposed to who you are.
    ~Slippery Pete~

If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is with representation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranter64
      Judging by other posts on multiple threads I have gathered the most of the people on these boards do not have the highest opinion of troopers, especially of the NY variety. (judging by some of the posts I can see why) But If my hopes come to be and I make it as a NY trooper am I destined to be an ***** and be disliked by all, LEOs or otherwise....
      That totally depends on your attitude and how you interact with other cops. If you display the attitude of a certain NY Trooper on this board, then yeah, you'll be looked upon as an arrogant jackass.

If you don't drink the Kool-Aid at the academy and remain somewhat normal, then you won't have a problem. There is an adage in life that's especially true among cops.....treat other cops the way you want to be treated.
      Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
        That totally depends on your attitude and how you interact with other cops. If you display the attitude of a certain NY Trooper on this board, then yeah, you'll be looked upon as an arrogant jackass.

If you don't drink the Kool-Aid at the academy and remain somewhat normal, then you won't have a problem. There is an adage in life that's especially true among cops.....treat other cops the way you want to be treated.

"don't drink the Kool-Aid at the academy" .....Dude....That's awsome LMFAO.

All I can say is this............................When you ar on top there is only way to go and that is down....I believe in Karma and what goes around, comes around. Treat people like you want to be treated.....Notice a pattern?
        Terrorist: "You're a policeman, even policeman have rules". John Mclane: "Yeah, that's what my captain keeps telling me!"

Comment

NYSP is a good place to work, like anywhere in the country the NYSP has its fill of jerk Troopers. But so do the Sheriffs and local PD. I know a good amount of troopers (family and not family) and they are good guys. But some of the troopers they work with I can't stand....good comes with the bad thats just how it is....

Comment

I knew 3 NYSP when I worked at Ballys in NY back in the late 80s, early 90s. All were top notch standup guys. My best friend is a NJ trooper.
            Everyone has already posted the truth, if your a standup guy to begin with and you dont get a major *** attitude than you'll be fine. An old friend of mine who retired from the NYPD gave me a great line. " Getting a gun and badge doesnt make you a *****, but it gives a ***** a hell of a chance to prove it"
            I got nothing for now

Comment

Troopers are ok if they don't fall into the Traffic Nazi syndrome. I am a traffic officer myself and I firmly believe in writing tickets, but I see some of the tickets the Traffic Nazi's write. They have more feathers than one of Bo Pilgrims trucks going to the neck ringing factory.
              RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

Ha.

I love NYS troopers.

My grandfather was one and i guess ive always really looked up to them in particular.

Ive never met a trooper who has a 'better than thou' attitude.

Good luck.
                Im against picketing but i dont know how to show it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8815 users online. 386 members and 8429 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X