300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DELL won't sell to gunowners...

..and I was going to buy TWO this spring. Bummer...

http://www.4gunshop.com/cgi-local/ffa.cgi?read=18596
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

I WAS going to replace my aging laptop I use for work with a Dell, I even printed out the info on a couple of models I was considering.
    After reading that they "screen" their sales and cancel the ones they don't like, I've concluded that my 6 year old Acer works just fine for the time being.
    " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Very interesting information. I won't be giving them any business.

Comment

Quite a discussion going on over at TFL.
        http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...hreadid=104157
        Dave Kiefner
        [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

I think it bears looking into. I try not to get wound up based on something I see on the internet, but it it's true, Dell will become one of the short list of companies that I actively work against......like Levi Strauss, Ben and Jerry's, Monster.com and a couple of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Niteshift:
            Monster.com
            Whoa...what's with monster.com?
            FREE Website Development for Law Enforcement
            <a href="http://police-websites.org" target="_blank">http://police-websites.org</a>

Comment

I have bought several Dell's and have never had a problem. I'd say more likely than not, this is all some big misunderstanding. I would be shocked out of my skin if they actually made a conscious decision to cancel your order because you are a gunshop owner. Although, if this is true, I'll just have to go give Michael Dell a little visit.

Tex
              KD5HQD

Comment

My letter...

(I wasn't in the mood to be too wordy today or it would have been longer... )

(To their CS Deaprtment)

Please confirm or deny if it is your company policy to not sell to firearm related businesses.

If indeed your company believes firearms are "bad" things that is your prerogative. If however, you have indeed refused to serve firearms owners, you are no better than businesses who would not serve people of color years ago, and we will of course begin a boycott of your products as we have Smith and Wesson, Kmart, etc. Check their financial backgrounds and see how they’re doing…

This inquiry is based on the subject of your company canceling an order to Weigand Custom, a company who builds high quality firearms, and indeed has provided high quality weapons to members of law enforcement.

I am a law enforcement officer with 13 years of service, and I can tell you that not selling computers to a well-known custom gunsmith has no bearing on crime. Also, I can’t change your views on firearms ownership, but as an officer, I can tell you that you are a PUPPET if you subscribe to the belief that the police can protect you always. It is now, and always has been, up to the individual.

Please let me know your position on this, as a family member has a pending order (after being “rear ended” with numerous hidden costs-$100 just for the privilege of telephone tech support-oooooohhh&#8230 and I will need to suggest he cancel his order. Then again, he’s a gun owner; he might not be safe to begin with…
                People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Dude, I got a Dell!!! Actually, I have 2. A desktop and a laptop. Customer service, delivery and equipment quality have been impeccable. Gun ownership didn't come up once in the purchasing process.

Comment

It's just another internet bogus claim.
                    A hoax as they say.

The computer business is comptetitive, this sort of nonsense is intended to decrease sales for that company.

Jim Burnes

Comment

No, this apparently did happen.

Was Dell's error that they apparently neglected to have the customer sign some sort of "waiver".
                      Dave Kiefner
                      [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

Originally posted by shooter1201:
                        ..and I was going to buy TWO this spring. Bummer...

http://www.4gunshop.com/cgi-local/ffa.cgi?read=18596
                        Hmm the link wouldn't work for me. But that just might be my computer

That's interesting, if it's true. My Department has probably 250 Dell computers, and the County probably has several thousand.

And, WE CARRY GUNS!!!

Some companies are so stupid, trying to get public support, that it's really, really disappointing.
                        Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Well, it was true, but they made good on it.Click here for details

It wa an automated system that cancelled the order without human intervention.
                          Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Does this mean I have to send the one I JUST took out of the box about 2 hours ago back?

Hope not, cause I sho likes my new Dell puter.
                            "Why is it that our children cannot read the Bible in school, yet they can in prison?"

Comment

"Whoa...what's with monster.com?"

The owner of Monster.com has donated SIGNIFICANT amounts of money (read that to mean millions) made from m.com to Handgun Control Inc.

So he and that ugly little cartoon monster can take turns kissing my ***.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5277 users online. 295 members and 4982 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X