Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Yuck!!!

Coach Bites Head Off Live Bird

AVON, Ind., 4:37 p.m. EST February 26, 2002 - A high school wrestling coach in Indiana has been suspended for two weeks without pay -- for biting the head off a live sparrow in front of team members.

The school board in the Indianapolis suburb of Avon voted 4-1 Monday night to suspend Aron Bright because of the incident.
    Bright said that team members "laughed and laughed" when he did it. He said he only meant to have some "innocent fun."

An 18-year-old senior who saw the incident at Bright's parents' home said the coach essentially acted on a dare from the rest of the team. Several parents and students spoke at the school board meeting in support of Bright.

"We were just hanging out with some time to kill there," Bright said. "It was a dare between me and another coach."

Bright said he regrets the head-biting and calls it "unprofessional."

"We were having a lot of fun as a team, something at the time I thought was just harmless fun," Bright said. "In retrospect, it's created a whole situation and that's snowballed into a big mess."

The 31-year-old also teaches history and geography at Avon High School, but does not think the incident will affect his ability to teach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What is wrong with folks today?????

--Piper

I'll take sushi ANY day!
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Originally posted by Piper:
      Coach Bites Head Off Live Bird

Bright said he regrets the head-biting and calls it "unprofessional."
      --Piper
      That's correct, That was already done by Ozzy Osborne..
      He should've used a hampster, a frog, or something that didn't copy a professional.
      " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Even if it wasn't so disgusting, I wouldn't do it.

If something DID go wrong, it would devastate my family to lose ANOTHER family member from biting off a bird's head.
        People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Well now, I wonder just how much "fun" the sparrow thought it was. I'm not an "aminal rites" phanatic, but for Christ's sake this is just plain sick.
          6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Don:
            Well now, I wonder just how much "fun" the sparrow thought it was. I'm not an "aminal rites" phanatic, but for Christ's sake this is just plain sick.
            It's really sick, I hope he get's charged with something. Animal cruelty?

--Piper

Comment

No, someone just called the coach a geek and he proved it.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Totally disgusting.. I am not a big animal rights nut either but sheesh.. he needs to be charged with something. And those no brain brats laughing about it? What is wrong with people today!
                No partner is worth your tears -
                the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Its completely disgusting and the kids who laughed obviously were not raised to respect animals.

"To each his own"

Comment

Yeah, then they have this coach that they are supposed to look up to because he is supposed to be an adult, and a leader doing crap like this. Gee, I wonder what they learned from this incident.
                    6P1 (retired)

Comment

Makes you wonder what else he would do on a dare. He doesn't seem like much of a role model for the kids.
                      Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4916 users online. 311 members and 4605 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X