• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danish Pizzeria bans French and Germans

From Ananova.com:
    ---------------------------
    Danish pizzeria bans French and Germans

A Danish pizzeria has banned French and Germans from dining there because of their country's stance on a war with Iraq.

Aage Bjerre, who owns Aage's Pizza on the island of Fanoe, said he's tired of French and German attitudes toward the United States.

He's put two homemade drawings on the shop door, one a silhouette of a man coloured red, yellow and black for Germany and another in the red, white and blue for France.

Both silhouettes have a bar across them.

He says Germans will be allowed in if their country joins a war on Iraq, but the French will have to endure a lifetime ban.

Aage said: "Hadn't the United States helped Europe in defeating Germany, there would have been photos of Adolf Hitler hanging on the walls around here."

The ban has yet to affect his business because the tourist season only starts after Easter and peaks during the summer. "I do what my conscience tells me to do," he said.

He added: "Frenchmen have a lifetime ban here. Their attitude toward the United States will never change."

That Danish Pizza shop owner has brass balls, I love it.

French Poodles never!!
    Great Danes forever!!

[ 02-26-2003, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: BRICKCOP ]
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

What did he hope to accomplish anyway? Does he think he's entitled to punish anyone who doesn't share his opinion?

Comment

He accomplishment: Bravely expressing his opinion in the manner he saw fit.

What do sniveling French waiters hope to accomplish by being rude to American diners?

Are french/german diners really "punished" by his decison? Aren't their government's decison "punishing" the US?

Don't worry I hear he is now mobbed with french diners....he hung a large white flag outside his pizza shop.

[ 02-26-2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: BRICKCOP ]
        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

quote:
          Does he think he's entitled to punish anyone who doesn't share his opinion?
          Yes. And he does too.

[ 02-26-2003, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: Mike Tx ]

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by BRICKCOP:

What do sniveling french waiters hope to accomplish by being rude American diners?

Then they're both wrong.

Comment

What's his number? I'll see if Fed Ex will bring a large pepperoni w/ extra cheese. I want this guy to have my business.

Comment

Who cares what he intended to accomplish...it's his business and his profit margin. He's also not in the United States of the Offended and can get away with it.

Comment

Go Lawdog, Go Lawdog......*hugs*

I say we have an o.com pizza party, delivery by the Dane!

Comment

Well, if its a good time to put down the French (like there is ever a bad time to put down the French....) lets get too it.

Here are some quotes to enjoy

As for France
                    -------------

"Going to war without France is like going duck hunting without your accordion." Donald Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense

"As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure." Jacques Chirac, President of France...."As far as France is concerned, you're right." Rush Limbaugh

"They've taken their own precautions against al-Qa'ida. To prepare for an attack, each Frenchman is urged to keep duct tape, a white flag, and a
                    three-day supply of mistresses in the house." Argus Hamilton

"Somebody was telling me about the French Army rifle that was being advertised on eBay the other day -- the description was, 'Never shot. Dropped once.'" Rep. Roy Blunt (MO)

"The French will only agree to go to war when we've proven we've found truffles in Iraq." Dennis Miller

"What do you expect from a culture and a nation that exerted more of its national will fighting against DisneyWorld and Big Macs than the Nazis?"
                    Dennis Miller

Raise your right hand if you like the French ... raise both hands if you are French.

"You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein? Because he hates Americans, he loves mistresses and wears a beret. He is French, people." Conan O'Brien

"I don't know why people are surprised the French don't want to help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France." Jay Leno

Q. What did the mayor of Paris say to the German Army as they entered the city in WWII?
                    A. Table for 100,000 m'sieur?

"The last time the French ask for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag." David Letterman

"Do you know how many Frenchmen it takes to defend Paris? It's not known, it's never been tried." Rep. R. Blount (MO)

"Do you know it only took Germany three days to conquer France in WWII? And that's because it was raining." John Xereas, Manager, DC Improv.

French bashing - what a concept.. OK froggies lets see whatcha got...
                    "There is true glory and true honor, the glory of duty done and the honor of integrity and principles." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

More power to him....and I'M German! LOL

It's HIS business and he can refuse to serve anyone he pleases.
                      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2484 users online. 167 members and 2317 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X