300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jellybean40:

I know people that were still on Ford warranties that had huge problems with their trucks, and were treated badly to boot. One ended up being a lemon and he finally was given a new one, the other is still suffering. Toyota gives me a free loaner and has for the past 20 years.

That is the DEALER's fault if they were treated badly. My Power Stroke has had it's share of problems, but my dealer did a good job of standing behind it. So did the dealer in Flagstaff after I moved to Arizona. Unfortunately, wayyyy too many car dealers have never heard of "customer service" once the sale is made. And if you bought it else-where, FORGET IT.

So, I am giving a totally shameless plug here to St. George Ford in St. George Utah (tell Shane that Don sent you!) and to Jim Babbitt Ford in Flagstaff Arizona.

As for your feelings on the Toyota, if I were in your shoes, I would STAY with them. They make one hell of a good vehicle!
    6P1 (retired)

Comment

I have a 93 4-runner and it has a defect in the speedometer which reads 63,000 miles. The only complaint i have is it goes thru brakes al teh time. Other then that it is the best vehicle ever. I love the reliability of it. But my problem is, I really like the look of the Dodge Durango. The price for a 02 Dodge is going to run me at 22,400. The price of the 4-runner is at least 26,000. I want to trade in the Lexus/cash guzzler when it comes to repairs car for the new one. But i also have 120,000 miles on it I will eat a couple thousand on the trade. I really want that Durango but i think the Toyota will win just because i can see the future economic value of it. Problem is in order to get the new one i need my husbands John Henry on that purchase order and he already stated that if he puts his name on another bill it will be for what he wants. Which is the Toyota 4-Runner Highland sport w/ a hood scoop. Black of course. Ugh!! Arizona heat and a Black vehicle don't go together. And i end up with his red one which has at least 250,000 miles on it. Its in excellent shape because it His Baby! But its old and I think if i cry and carry on i just might be able to pull off getting the atlantic blue Durango.
      "To each his own"

Comment

How many of us are driving cars made in Canada?
        There is an easy way to tell if your vehicle is made in Canada. Look at the VIN. The first digit is a country code. If it begins with a "1" it is made in the US (like my '98 Altima), a "2" indicates Canada, a "3" is for Mexico. I don't know any of the others, but I'm sure with a little time, someone could find some sort of chart online.
        Sincerely,

Jeffrey

Comment

I just found the VIN decoder link.
          Sincerely,

Jeffrey

Comment

My chief bought himself a black durango with some kind of grant for "community policing." It looks sharp, dark tints all around and has all kinds of hidden strobes. He's used it on a couple undercover jobs a few times, nobody knows its a police car. A nearby dept has durangos for the evidence techs. Police magazine did an issue on using SUVs as a pursuit car, they suggested with some basic mods it would be a lot more viable as a regular patrol vehicle, mainly lowering the suspension, etc. I'll see if I can find the issue in my "archives"

Comment

Originally posted by jpa:
              Police magazine did an issue on using SUVs as a pursuit car, they suggested with some basic mods it would be a lot more viable as a regular patrol vehicle, mainly lowering the suspension, etc.
              OH GREAT, now we are going to have LOWRIDER cop cars??????
              6P1 (retired)

Comment

no lowrider cop cars, but lowrider suvs. makes for more stability turning, if hitting curbs, etc etc. Basically brings them down to normal car height or slightly higher.

That does remind me of the movie "who's the man?" where they put hydraulics and a ghetto blaster in the trunk of their squad

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2516 users online. 136 members and 2380 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X