Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SGT Dave
    replied
    Have you Roadrunner and Coyote fans ever seen the Coyote's "lawsuit" against Acme Products?

It's a hoot if you're into the legal profession, or a fan of the show. It's long and dry in places (several pages) but looks just like an official civil action.

I posted it in Jokes... but had to modify the header-the original looks just like a true lawsuit!
    http://www.officer.com/cgi-bin/ubb/u...&f=10&t=001695

Leave a comment:

• Jeffrey
    replied
    BTW, I already have the Rocky & Bullwinkle collection... I know, they're your favorite too.
    So does my dad!

I have to go with the Road Runner and Wiley Coyote myself.
    They are my absolute favorites (besides Snoopy). I was reading down all of the posts and thought that they had been left out.

Leave a comment:

• DMS 525
    replied
    There's hardly a Looney Toons character I can't imitate, nor is there a cartoon I can't quote word for word, or know what's coming next.

My favorites:
    *"Hillbilly Hare", where he gets those two brain-dead hillbillies to square dance, making them hit each other with fence posts, poke each other, and go through a hay baler, just for a few things!

*Where he buys a hurdy-gurdy and a monkey. The monkey tries to chisel him, but gets caught, so the monkey gets this big gorilla to go after Bugs. Bugs outwits the gorilla over and over again. At one point, he pushes the gorilla through a hole he made in the street; Bugs is wearing a subway conductor's cap, yelling "PUSH IN, PUSH IN!!!! PLENTY OF ROOM IN DA CENTER OF DA CAHR!!!"(Had that Brooklyn accent on pretty thick there). I always laugh at that.

*AND: The Tasmanian Devil; a powerful, vicious brute. Has jaws like a steel trap. Eats aardvarks, armadillos, bears, boars, cats', rats, bats, dawgs, hawgs, shoats, stoats, goats, and old gnus. AND ESPECIALLY RABBITS!!!

Leave a comment:

• Joseph
    replied
    I have to go with the Road Runner and Wiley Coyote myself.

Leave a comment:

• Pigskin
    replied
    "When I say whoa, I mean whoa!" - Yosemite Sam.

Loved Bugs, Daffy, Elmer, Marvin the Martian, Foghorn Leghorn, & the whole crew. They just don't make them like that anymore. Just imagine what Chuck Jones & Mel Blanc are doing up there in heaven together.

Leave a comment:

• Sparky
    replied
    What about Felix the Cat and his Magical bag of Tricks?

Or Betty Boop?

"Boo Doo Be Doop, BOOP!"

Of the Loony Tunes, I'd have to say that Daffy and Foghorn were my favorites

Foghorn:

"Nice girl, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice."

"Clunk enough people and we'll have a nation of lumpheads."

"You're doing alot of chopping, but no chips are flying."

"This is gonna cause more confusion than a mouse at a burlesque show."

"I've got this boy as figgidty as a bubble dancer with a slow leak."

"Boy's like a dead horse. No get up and go."

[ 02-26-2002: Message edited by: Sparky ]

Leave a comment:

• TexReserve
    replied
    I knew I should have turned left at Albequerque.

Gotta love Bugs and all his friends!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Ron1432:

Isn't that the same episode with
    "Shut up, shuttin' up"

Yes it is... It's my favorite one.. A guy I used to work with would quote lines from it when I was trying to do something serious causing me to break out laughing.

Critics complain that there was too much "violence" in those cartoons yet neglect to point out that this is when kids were introduced to classical music greats like Mozart, Tchaikovsky, etc.
    Now all they have today is "techno-garbage" cartoons.

I also miss the Lil' Rascals series but, it appears Bill Cosby is now releasing them for air time because I saw a couple of shows on one of the cable networks.

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    Originally posted by 207:

Oh, no you're not! You would have mentioned the musical cartoons where they said "Okay, now just follow the bouncing ball and sing along" ... or Steamboat Willie.
    LOL...ok, i'm "reasonably" old

Leave a comment:

• SGT Dave
    replied
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhhhhh...

Wonderwoman...

Leave a comment:

• Ron1432
    replied
    Originally posted by 207:

"Take the rabbit for a ride Mugsy"

Isn't that the same episode with
    "Shut up, shuttin' up"

Bugs is great!!! Funnier now than when I first watched it. Gatta love them cartoons...Dafney from Scooby Doo, Judy Jetson, but, who could forget Wonderwoman.

[ 02-25-2002: Message edited by: Ron1432 ]

Leave a comment:

• InSane1
    replied
    I'm with Shooter, I like Marvin Martian.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by jellybean40:
    My very favorite cartoon is Johnny Quest
    (yes i'm OLD)

jellybean40 ]
    Oh, no you're not! You would have mentioned the musical cartoons where they said "Okay, now just follow the bouncing ball and sing along" ... or Steamboat Willie.

Leave a comment:

• klar
    replied
    I grew up with the cartoons and enjoyed them a lot but now since they have removed soo much from them I do not watch them at all. The only tv I normally watch is the weather channel. Every now and then I will catch a episode of cops or worlds police vidoes.

Klar

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    My very favorite cartoon is Johnny Quest, with Race, Hadji and Bandit. My other favorites are Road Runner, Aqua Boy, Speed Racer, and the old Looney Tunes ones that i think were just called that... had things like bugs and dancing musical instruments, etc.
    (yes i'm OLD)

[ 02-24-2002: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2784 users online. 144 members and 2640 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X