300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacks "can't swim" !!!

did anyone see the idiot on Hannity and Colmes last night from miami dade county who was on a rant that the police down there should NOT have to learn how to swim during training because it is "descrimination". this is because, according to his words, "black people can't swim"!!!!

uhhh let's see...white men can't jump and black men can't swim, right??

and the best part was he was saying it wasn't a "race" issue. plus he said "blacks don't have swimming pools in their homes like white people".

now if a white guy said "blacks can't swim" can you imagine the firestorm that would cause.

even the lovely liberal Colmes thought this guy was an idiot.
    I'll post, You argue.

My neighbors directly behind me are black, and they do have a pool. They can swim, because on several evenings I have witnessed them out there swimming. I don't usually go out there when they are at the pool anymore, because the man that lives there usually gets drunk, or something, and them starts slapping his wife or girlfriend around, pretty violently. We can hear the "smack", and her crying, and he usually calls her a "bitch" very loudly.

We stopped going out when they are at the pool when he came up to the fence one night and started hassling me and the wife.

Comment

Most black people can't swim. Not that they can't learn to swim but as of now they can't. I didn't know it untill I went to boot camp and one out of probably 20-30 black guys in my platoon could pass the swim qual. The remedial swim class in the shallow end consisted of almost every black recruit in the company. Eventually everybody has to pass swim qual so apparently everybody at least learns how to "doggy paddle" and basic survival floatation techniques. Although I did know black guys who had been in the Corps several years who still said that they didn't know how to swim and struggled to pass the swim qual.

I wanted to see that guy on Hannity and Colmes but I missed it. To try and make a racial issue out of it and call it discrimination is ridiculus. Rather than identify a short coming and correct it, he'd rather play the victim of society race card. What a pathetic pos. It's not like swimming in Florida is a useless skill. I guess this guy would rather have a black officer drown or while trying to save a kid in a pool because he wasn't forced to learn how to swim.

He shows his true ignorant racist color with his 'white people have pools in their back yard and black people don't' comment. Well I guess nobody told us poor white families in Ohio that. We would have just gone down to the pool store and picked up the pool that all white people are apparently entitled to. No wait. I forgot about the government office that supplies all white people with back yard pools and takes them back if a black family moves in. Moron.
      On the wings of a dove
      Let's roll for justice
      Let's roll for truth
      Let's not let our children grow up
      Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

I for one am offended by his racist comment and I will demand he resign from...whatever it is he does. We should pressure him for his resignation from...SOMETHING!

Isn't that's how it's done these days????????
        People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

The first time I recall hearing that black people can't swim, it was from a black navy seal. His basic premise was that blacks are generally poorer than other races and lack access to swimming pools and swimming lessons. I've never seen any research on the issue so I don't know if it is true.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Underdog:
            The first time I recall hearing that black people can't swim, it was from a black navy seal.

Kinda ironic, don't you think?

quote:
            Originally posted by Underdog:
            His basic premise was that blacks are generally poorer than other races and lack access to swimming pools and swimming lessons.

I don't know about that. Around here we have community pools located all over town. There are a couple in the predominantly black areas that are used a lot. As matter of fact, they are some of the most crowded pools in the park system. I would think that most cities that have public pools would have them within access to all neighborhoods.

Also, this guy is talking about blacks in MIAMI! Who needs a pool when you can just go swim in the ocean for free???

Comment

Don't a some Florida agencies require officers to be bilingual? I know some in northern VA used to because I was going to apply there until I found that out. What's the difference?

quote:
              Although I did know black guys who had been in the Corps several years who still said that they didn't know how to swim and struggled to pass the swim qual.
              Me too. I was a WSSI, so I spent a lot of time with people who couldn't swim. It was always a big joke. The black guys would tease me and say I couldn't jump and they couldn't swim, so we were even. I told them the difference was that I could teach them to swim. Maybe not enough to ever enjoy it, but enough to stay alive.
              "But if it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul alive." from Henry V, by Wm. Shakespeare

Comment

I was also a WSI once upon a time. When I went through USCG Officer Candidate School, we had to pass a fairly basic swim test. We had one black enlisted (Chief, E-7) in our class who didn't know how to swim. Of course, he also only had about 2% body fat and sank like a rock! I worked with him in our spare time. He was absolutely determined to pass that test. He did pass, but it wasn't pretty! More like beating the water into submission. But it worked.
                Paul

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4422 users online. 236 members and 4186 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X