Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does your agency go to short sleeves?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does your agency go to short sleeves?

Short sleeves for us are optional during April, then become mandatory on May 1st. Long sleeves are optional in October, then mandatory of November 1st.

I've been wearing long sleeves, but it's 68 degrees now, so I'm thinking of digging through my closet for some short sleeves tonight.
    Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

We had a discussion about this the other day (when the temperature hit 25 C!). I **THOUGHT** RCMP policy still says that short sleeved shirts (without clip-on ties) are to be worn after May 15, and that long sleeved shirts must be worn as of Sept 15, but I have to check. Even if we wear a jacket (ie: at night, if raining, or for high-visibility) with a short sleeved shirt we no longer need to wear a tie with that combination.
    #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
    Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
    RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
    Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
    "Smile" - no!

Comment

Up to the individual officer.
      Kelly

We are the thin blue line
      between you
      and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sgkelly

Same here. We don't have a change over so we wera either length. I've word long sleeves probably three times this year. The most I have ever

TGY
        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Short sleeves are optional all year for us. That's good because I hate long sleeves and ties.
          Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Matt. 5:9

Comment

like many policies that I think are stupid, we ignore the long sleeve rules and wear what we want as long as its the proper uniform no one says anything. LOng sleeves=tie or turtle neck short sleeves no tie..no worries
            Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
              Short sleeves for us are optional during April, then become mandatory on May 1st. Long sleeves are optional in October, then mandatory of November 1st.

I've been wearing long sleeves, but it's 68 degrees now, so I'm thinking of digging through my closet for some short sleeves tonight.
              Same rules here. But LS optional for night shift during May.
              Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Short Sleeves on April 1st and Long Sleeves on October 1st with either tie or mock turtleneck.
                <P ALIGN=CENTER>
                <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/hcodea.js">
                </script>
                </P>
                <!-- end of Code Amber Ticker code (c)Copyright codeamber.org 2002, 2003, 2004-->

Comment

down here, there's only a couple of days a year that we would even consider long sleeves.
                  "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                  William Shatner

Comment

For patrol, uniform of the day is the officers decision. We only wear ties & hats for class a inspections & funerals

Comment

any time of year here.. because sometimes it gets hot in the winter... as for long sleeves, we arent even required to wear a tie, dickie or turtleneck unless we are wearing a jacket. if we are wearing short sleeves, and we put a jacket on, we are required to wear a tie or dickie... kind of lame really.

Comment

We used to have a policy that the chief dictated when we changed over, but it's been optional year around for 10-12 years now. Atlanta weather is so unpredictable it's hard to have a set policy like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sgkelly

same with us.
                          ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
                          -- John Wayne

Comment

J eez, me and my whole department are jealous. We have to wear long sleeve-tie until 4-15. Its been between 65 and almost 80* this past week or 2 in Pittsburgh. Chief came in roll call the other day wearing a shrt sleeve polo and khakis. We were sweating arses off in the un air conditions small RC room. CANT WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY.
                            I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784

us too (DOD) mandatory on may 1st for summer
                              but ossifer im not to drive to drunk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5773 users online. 396 members and 5377 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X