300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You people"

I was on the bus the other day, and was surpised to find that for the day, I was actually 1 of 2 white people on the bus. (I'm usually the one and only white!) Well, this other white female sat next to a bling-bling playa type lookin black guy. "Uh, oh" I say to myself. (Obviously this gal hasn't taken the bus before...she didn't know where to put her $1.35 and carried a lot of bags with her and actually sat down next to somebody! lol.) This black guy she sat next to tried talking to her..."Heya babe. Gotta somtin for me? Cuz I gotta somtin for you...." She looked up at him and sorta murmured under her breath "you people" to which practically everybody on the bus erupted to. "Oh G-d...this is some morning" I think. "Wudya mean 'you people' ???" (Rule #1....never, ever, ever say "you people" to anyone!!!) The driver politely asked her to get off at the next stop, because she caused "a disturbance on the bus". Ugh...the things that happen in the morning on the bus....
    M.E.

Yikes! Sounds like someone moved to the Big City from the country.

You might be a redneck if.......
    Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

And it was perfectly okay with the driver that the thug gangbanger intimidated her by speaking like that.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

One individual speaking "like that" to another individual makes it okay for the second individual to say "you people" implying that all those with the same characteristics of the first individual (skin, presumeably) speak, act, and behave in the same manner?

Individual one may be an *******, but I'd like to know why invidual two thinks his actions speak for all "you people."

Comment

Not sure if your comments were directed at me, but nowhere in my post am I saying that is okay that she is lumping all blacks together. If one was kicked off the bus, they both should have been. What he said was way more offensive.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Ateamer,

I'd be pretty offended if some white jackass started talking like that to an Asian woman, and the Asian woman lumped us together in the same category as "you people." While I agree that what he said was very offensive, would it really be a good idea to put them off at the same stop, though?

Comment

Question.....if that woman had a gun, would it have been smart for her to pull it out and say, "Ive got something for you, pretty boy, bend over so I can show you." HMMM...maybe not....she was a minority. Hey, I lived in Houston for too long; I know better than to even put myself in that situation.
              What could she have said that was not offensive, if anything at all. C'mon, ya'll...this is advice from LEO's to a non-LEO; what would I do?
              "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
              Davy Crockett

Comment

What could I do?
                Keep your mouth shut. I worked over 3 years on an Indian Reservation. I was a minority. There were times where I kept my mouth shut.

The best thing for her would have been to shut her mouth, get up and move. What the guy did wasn't right, and it was a difficult situation to be in, IMO she handled it the worst way possible.
                Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Thanks; that does seem kind of scary, though.
                  I have never said anything to men who say rude things to me. I absolutely hate that, but I ignore them. It is pretty difficult, but I know better.
                  Davy Crockett

Comment

shoulda maced his *** [Eek!]

Comment

BunnyFooFoo,
                      There is definately times that anyone should speak up, but that just wasn't the right time. Not being one of "you people (women)" [Wink] I have never been in a situation like that.
                      Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Deputy Joe:
                        BunnyFooFoo,
                        There is definately times that anyone should speak up, but that just wasn't the right time. Not being one of "you people (women)" [Wink] I have never been in a situation like that.

There are times and places to speak up and sometimes we just need to "zip it" I simply try to avoid situations where I will be harassed, but many times that is impossible.
                        "You people" (men) need to visit the Montrose area in Houston wearing tight Levi's and a muscle shirt....hell, just wear your cop uniform; they will think you are dressing up.....you may get to find out how it feels to be "hit" on by someone and feel gross at the same time. I have gay friends and gay men hit on each other; gay women respect the space thing and are usually pretty subtle and take great care not to offend anybody unless they are a crotch scratching, estrogen deficiant bull dyke; then you have a little testosterone screwing with a mind...it is all a hormone thing.
                        Speaking of hormones, I think testicles should be removable and when a husband, boyfriend, or son goes out for the night, they need to be placed in an air tight container with a lock....only the female in charge has the key. It will keep crime under control, great birth control, and women wont be harrassed. Think of all the trouble those things cause. Which reminds me of some of my cousins whose balls were freeze-dried by their wife when they said I do; these guys can't scratch where the nuts used to be without permission...it is a sad, sad state of affairs. [Eek!]
                        I hope I made some of you laugh; this was too serious a thread.
                        Davy Crockett

Comment

<pardon the length>

First thing is that "thug", as one of you called him, had no place to speak his so-called (horribly nasty) come-ons to that lady. Yet, it is all too common a practice and should not be tolerated...
                          This lady had obviously not known how or what to say, so she did what a lot of us do, and said the first thing that came into her head in a moment of ****ed-off-ness and (I would imagine) her humiliation.
                          Yes, I will agree with you that there is a time to shut your mouth...
                          But at the same time, being closed lipped and not speaking up for yourself can be taken as that you are a push over and/or easily bullied (or whatever the word might be.)
                          This is indeed a tough situation to handle correctly, if there is a way to handle it at all.
                          For one thing, the lady could have said anything, absolutely anything at all, or say nothing at all, and there would still be some sort of reaction from this guy and/or the other passengers. It's just the way things are, in at least this little corner of the world.
                          I, being a white partly Jewish female, have gotten the "you people" reply from racially diverse people, and it really can **** you off when someone classifies you like that. So, I can understand both of their re-actions.
                          Not that his remarks should have been made in the first place to set it off.
                          I suppose that if the "situation" were to escalate that would be where LE gets involved.
                          M.E.

Comment

bunny:
                            quote:
                            Speaking of hormones, I think testicles should be removable and when a husband, boyfriend, or son goes out for the night, they need to be placed in an air tight container with a lock....only the female in charge has the key.
                            Poor Mr. Bunny [Eek!]
                            Bill R

Comment

I think the bus driver was totally wrong. The guy started it. Both should have been kicked off.

The comment she made is NO WORSE then his sexual harrassing comments.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3317 users online. 166 members and 3151 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X