Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People that you just don't understand...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People that you just don't understand...

Please help me feel better, becuase as far as I knew I was a decent, hardworking, honest person who wouldn't hurt a fly.

Well, I told you guys that I started a job recently. Part of that job requires me to be signed off on a number of things before I'm able to work by myself. I've gone to work on all the days that I'm supposed to, on time and trying to learn. I even took a CPR course last week that I was never asked to do.

Thursday night my hot water heater broke and we had no hot water. Knowing that the plumbing company is not open on weekends (unless emergencies) and that we are leaving for vacation tomorrow, I had no other choice to stay home from work so that I could be here until someone came to fix it. So, that night I called in and everything seemed ok until the next day. I was reamed out, chewed up and spit out. Apparently I was supposed to contact two different people and word never got to the person who had woken up early to write me off on a few things. I thought someone had called her. She said that there was no excuse and that I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE. My husband had to drive my dogs to my Mom's house, which took over 6 hours and had to work when he got home. He couldn't bring them this weekend because of the ice and snow. I was the only one who could be here.

After a few days, I've put 2 and 2 together and came up with the fact that I had told the woman who I talked to when I called in that I would call the woman who was supposed to meet me IN THE MORNING to reschedule. Not that night! Everything was messed up and misunderstood. So when she saw the note in the morning saying I was going to call her, she thought I had forgotten.

So the woman hates me......I hate having to sit and stew (especially on vacation) so I called her at home a few minutes ago. She sounded better but said she was trying not to be mad. Trying not to be mad? I've apologized to the lady 10 times and she can't find it in her heart to understand that sh^@ happens. I was so upset the other day, all I did was lay around depressed. I can't stand the thought that I made someone so damn angry. I am not an angry person and I like to live in as little conflict as possible. How some people can be so unforgiving, I just don't know..

I feel a little better knowing that she at least talked to me and didn't practically hang up the phone as she did last week. I sort of nipped the problem, even a little, to make my brain feel better this week.

So....I am going to forget about it until I get home. I am going to have a nice vacation. I can't give one more brain cell to this situation any longer.

[ 02-23-2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Tprspouse ]
    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Sounds like you did everything you could -- you can't control how other people behave. If she's unwilling to let it go, what can you do? You might as well just shrug it off and enjoy your vacation!

(I hope you have a great time! )
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

Part of the problem is that she's a very important, reputable, *big whig* at the place that I work. I think she likes it when people are afraid of her. People were probably wondering if I'll be back. LOL The worst thing I could possibly do is run away.
      "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

>>>Part of the problem is that she's a very important, reputable, *big whig* at the place that I work. I think she likes it when people are afraid of her. <<<

Hmmm, she really sounds more like a Tory.
        Dave Kiefner
        [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by PeacefulDragon:
          Sounds like you did everything you could -- you can't control how other people behave. If she's unwilling to let it go, what can you do?

I agree. we had a whole seminar on that. we can only control how we let others affect us.

You had an emergency you had to take care of. you've also contacted everyone and apologized, even tho it really wasnt your fault you couldnt make it in. Some people are power hungry and abuse their power... i could tell you plenty of supervisor stories. Dont let 'em get to ya! thats what they thrive on!
          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2657 users online. 182 members and 2475 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X