300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawing "pictures of poop"

boy...talk about a ****ty story. this one really stinks. they should have flushed it in the beginning.
    --------------------------------------------------

In Complaint to Riverside Schools, Toilet-Humor Book Doesn't Amuse

A grandmother wants the Riverside district to remove a volume with characters such as Deputy Doo-Doo

By Kristina Sauerwein, Times Staff Writer

The stink started with a picture drawn by Pam Santi's 7-year-old grandson.

"It was disgusting," said the Riverside resident. "He was drawing a piece of poop

full story:
    http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/showcase/la-me-book3jun03.story
    I'll post, You argue.

Looks like they wiped it clean though.
    Retired

Comment

Who posts this crap?
      Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

That's pretty funny.....the book that is. I am so anti-banning book from libraries. It is my job to make sure baby Bunny is not reading trash, not the librarians....simple as that. now, if they had Hustler or Playboy; I would say something, but if she came home with a book about a superhero that is a large pile of radioactive poop....I would laugh behind closed doors and tell her that reading material of that sort is not age appropriate and help her find some better reading material. That is just an open door for me to find out what she likes and take an active role in parenting her. That is the sad thing about kids today; they need books about vomit and poop to get them to read. Please. Things are so different these days, huh.
        "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
        Davy Crockett

Comment

My 11-year-old son reads these books and loves them. He's now turned his 6-year-old brother on to the stories as well.

Though I don't consider this to be high literature, I don't mind if he interspreses his reading with the occasional light-hearted fare. I did the same thing as a kid. Reading should be fun. My most recent reads were:
          -Carl Hiaasen's latest humorous mystery
          -Stalag Wisconsin - the story of WWII POW camps in Wisconsin
          - Bored of the Rings - a National Lampoon spoof of the Lord of the Rings movies
          - Officer Down: Code Three - a book recommended several times on this site

We just make sure that this sort of thing isn't the ONLY thing he's reading. If he starts bringing home too many Garfield comic books, Capt. Underpants stories and similar light fare, my wife will make him stop it for a while. As a former librarian, she knows plenty of 'quality' books that will appeal to him.
          Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Uh, sorry.

This topic stinks.

Comment

Let's cut the crap, this **** is not funny. WIPE THIS ASSinine topic off the BB board!

My 5 year old came home from school with the 2003 edition of Mother Goose, the first rhyme I read:

ARTY FARTY

Arty Farty had a party-
              All the farts were there.
              Tooty-fruity ripped a beauty-
              So they all went out for air.

I won't let him read such juvenile drivel. I must set an example. No, instead we engage in the time honored father/son tradition of "Pull my finger".
              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

i feel we should just pooh-pooh this entire story.
                I'll post, You argue.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by nickg:
                  i feel we should just pooh-pooh this entire story.

But, supporters of the JFK school were see gathered outside the facility singing the the old Lennon / McCartney song "All we are saying is give feces a chance".
                  " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

From the Story:
                    quote:
                    More specifically, Taylond, a second-grader, was sketching Deputy Doo-Doo, the villainous character in "The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby" by Dav Pilkey.
                    Portrays a LEO as a piece of sh*t BG. Not exactly what I would want my 7 year old reading.
                    Bill R

Comment

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5058 users online. 274 members and 4784 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X