Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niteshift
    replied
    "It is interesting how there is a bail bondsman's office on every corner in FL in some parts of FL."

I can't ever remember seeing one over a mile from a jail. You must be hanging out in some bad neighborhoods

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Virginia is the best. Beaches, mountains, everything in between, and tons of history. Relatively low taxes. Florida would be up there but the percentage of low lives among people living there is too high for my liking. It is interesting how there is a bail bondsman's office on every corner in FL in some parts of FL. I'm not saying FL is bad, my family is from there, but I'd rather live somewhere that has better people as a whole.

Leave a comment:

• sideshow
    replied
    I gonna have to say California. This week's has been cold (50 degrees!) but last week we had highs of 75 and clear skys. With weather like that I can drive an hour and a half to Mountain High on saturday for snowboarding and on Sunday drive an hour to Ventura for surfing.

Leave a comment:

• mirandaky
    replied
    yall Kentucky is the best state

[ 02-26-2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: mirandaky ]

Leave a comment:

• JohnKelly
    replied
    Tasmania

Leave a comment:

• Traffic_Goddess
    replied
    Go PENS!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sideshow Bob
    replied
    Traffic_Goddess
    quote:
    But the local religion is Ice Hockey! They can't be all that bad....
    Religion, that is an understatement for some people in Ont. Go Barrie Colts.

Leave a comment:

• Sideshow Bob
    replied
    Bill R

quote:
    Yeah, but you get paid with that funny looking money that isn't worth much, taxes are high and the gun laws are actually worse than California.
    I like our funny looking money. It helps you tell if you have a $10 or $100 in your hand, especially when you've had one to meny beers . What I don't like is our $1 Lonnie and our $2 Twoonie coins. It would sound funny to an American if I were to ask for change for $5 "can I have two Twoonies and a Loonie please" .

As for taxes, you're right, they're high, but if I needed a liver transplant (which I'll probably need one day ) it won't cost me a dime. Taxes pay for free Health Care.

As for gun laws, you're really right! It took me, with out any exaggeration, from the time I bought my hand gun, to the time I was able to take it to the ranges, 5 months . So don't feel too bad about a 7 day waiting period . Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Traffic_Goddess
    replied
    But the local religion is Ice Hockey! They can't be all that bad.....

Leave a comment:

• Bill R
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by Sideshow Bob:

I can solve this pickle that your're all in by saying, State or Province, Ontario Canada has everyone beat hands down.

Yeah, but you get paid with that funny looking money that isn't worth much, taxes are high and the gun laws are actually worse than California.

Leave a comment:

• Deputy Joe
    replied
    I have heard that is a great museum. One of these days I might visit there and the aquarium.

Leave a comment:

• Deputy Joe
    replied
    I sure am glad nobody has said that Illinois is the best state.

Leave a comment:

• Sideshow Bob
    replied
    Well, what an interesting debate, so I think I'll make it a little more interesting.

I can solve this pickle that your're all in by saying, State or Province, Ontario Canada has everyone beat hands down.

This Province has it all baby! All 4 seasons, Molson and Labatt beer (5% alcohol), urban centers, cottage country, ski country, the world's longest fresh water beach (no salt or sharks there), nice people, clean, the better half of Niagara falls, The Ontario Provincial Police, girls can legally go topless (it's true), and...well the list goes on.

The only thing wrong with Ontario is that we have Quebec as neighbours! I'll change that when I take over the world..but, that's another story!!

So open the flood gates!

Leave a comment:

• Chief Wiggum
    replied
    FWIW, the #1 bar per capita in the U.S. is in Hurley, WI. (Hurley is on the Wisconsin/Michigan border.) They are a city of just over 2,000, and they have like 12-15 bars. Of those 12-15, 6 of them are nudie bars. (I went to a bachelor party in Hurley. Lots of fun.)

I was in Hurley (I think) during college on a ski trip. 20 people (guys and girls) crammed into a condo for the weekend. I don't recommend drinking and skiing but it sure was fun that weekend. From what I remember.

[ 02-25-2003, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Chief Wiggum ]

Leave a comment:

• Texas 1911
    replied
    I agree Dare..... that is why Texas does not fall into the Gulf... Oklahoma Sucks... LOL Now I have the right to say that not only because I am a Texan, but I was stationed there for 2yrs in the Army.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3001 users online. 173 members and 2828 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X