Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:
    Originally posted by Sideshow Bob:

I can solve this pickle that your're all in by saying, State or Province, Ontario Canada has everyone beat hands down.

Yeah, but you get paid with that funny looking money that isn't worth much, taxes are high and the gun laws are actually worse than California.
    Bill R

Comment

But the local religion is Ice Hockey! They can't be all that bad.....

Comment

Bill R

quote:
        Yeah, but you get paid with that funny looking money that isn't worth much, taxes are high and the gun laws are actually worse than California.
        I like our funny looking money. It helps you tell if you have a $10 or $100 in your hand, especially when you've had one to meny beers . What I don't like is our $1 Lonnie and our $2 Twoonie coins. It would sound funny to an American if I were to ask for change for $5 "can I have two Twoonies and a Loonie please" .

As for taxes, you're right, they're high, but if I needed a liver transplant (which I'll probably need one day ) it won't cost me a dime. Taxes pay for free Health Care.

As for gun laws, you're really right! It took me, with out any exaggeration, from the time I bought my hand gun, to the time I was able to take it to the ranges, 5 months . So don't feel too bad about a 7 day waiting period . Cheers

Comment

Traffic_Goddess
          quote:
          But the local religion is Ice Hockey! They can't be all that bad....
          Religion, that is an understatement for some people in Ont. Go Barrie Colts.

Comment

Go PENS!!!!!

Comment

Tasmania

Comment

yall Kentucky is the best state

[ 02-26-2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: mirandaky ]

Comment

I gonna have to say California. This week's has been cold (50 degrees!) but last week we had highs of 75 and clear skys. With weather like that I can drive an hour and a half to Mountain High on saturday for snowboarding and on Sunday drive an hour to Ventura for surfing.

Comment

Virginia is the best. Beaches, mountains, everything in between, and tons of history. Relatively low taxes. Florida would be up there but the percentage of low lives among people living there is too high for my liking. It is interesting how there is a bail bondsman's office on every corner in FL in some parts of FL. I'm not saying FL is bad, my family is from there, but I'd rather live somewhere that has better people as a whole.

Comment

"It is interesting how there is a bail bondsman's office on every corner in FL in some parts of FL."

I can't ever remember seeing one over a mile from a jail. You must be hanging out in some bad neighborhoods

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3409 users online. 204 members and 3205 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X