Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see.. the state of confusion..no...the state of mind..nah....

Formal Education: Drunken State

Regarding WI. You are also the home of the Judiciary Committee Chairman - Sensenbrenner who remains the sole reason HR218 has not left committee for a floor vote. And I would boycott your products - but I don't eat that much cheese.....
    "There is true glory and true honor, the glory of duty done and the honor of integrity and principles." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

I'm gonna have to say that Vancouver, Washington is one of the best places to live. We are right across the river from Portland, Oregon. It's kinda nice because we get to live in a smaller town but can drive across the bridge if we want to go out to a nightclub or go see a show or whatever. Probably the best benefit is the fact that Oregon doesn't have a sales tax. So, If I want to go buy myself a stereo system or some nice appliance -- I can just jog on over there and get one.

quote:
      And if we wanted to pump our own gas we would. It would be very easy to put it on the ballot, but why would we want to get out of the car to pump gas when somebody else can do it?

I don't like buying gas in Oregon, it's 10 cents more expensive and I don't like waiting around for the attendants. I might as well do it myself and get outta there.
      Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

I think it's quite clear. The #1 choice has to be Ohio. There is the National Champions "Buckeyes" then there is the Pittsburgh Steelers(Ihate Browns, Bengals)!
        "REMEMBER, COPS ARE YOUR FRIENDS !!"

Comment

Every state has something going both for and against it. Someone mentioned high taxes in Pa. Well, compared to NY, especially NYC, they`re nothing. Depends on whether you lived in other places. Also things like car ins. In NYC before I moved my ins. for 1 high performance car, 1 for transportation and 1 I was restoring plus a H-D was over $4000. [Eek!] Here for 2 brand new vehicles, a Corvette a pick up and a Harley, the ins. is about $1450. Plus it cost me $250 a month in NYC to rent a 2 car garage.

When I first moved here I met a guy who had just retired on disability. He told me he bought a farm in Missouri because the cost of living was too high in Pa! Different perspectives.

Now Texas and Florida you can keep. That`s because I can`t take the heat. For others it`s a dream. This winter has been bad this year but I don`t work. I don`t have to be anywhere usually. Whether you`re stuck in the house because of the heat or the cold really doesn`t mean much.

I`ve been in just about every state except Alaska and Hawaii. I was suppossed to take the test for the Albequerque PD./Bernalillo S/D when I retired. I liked New Mexico. Sometimes things don`t work out.

Most people when they retire never move. They stay even if they have the opportunity to move one town, county or state. Too many ties to their family and friends. Pa. wasn`t my ideal at the time but I`m still glad I moved. I don`t miss NY for an instant.
          Life is like a 3 ring circus and cops have a front row seat. It`s The Greatest Show On Earth.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Evnings:
            Texas is the best state. No explaination is needed why.

But that's coming from a texan. They're generally not very bright.
            Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Niteshift:
              "which state is better, PA or WI"

If either one was that great, why do I see so many PA and WI license plates down here?

I'd wager that the number of people that move FROM those states to FL is MUCH higher than those moving from FL to the frozen wastelands.

That's because everyone goes there to die. Florida, the nursing home of the United States.

Comment

One word: BEER! WI has got the best and the most.

nuff said.

Comment

why cant one pump their own gas in Oregon?
                  "are you going to bark all day little doggie or are you going to bite"

Comment

I'll say Texas, if the question is asking what state of all of them. And the reasons why are too numerous to say.

Now if the question is which state is better, PA or WI, I'd have to shrug & say, "Who cares?" [Eek!]

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Mr.Orange:
                      why cant one pump their own gas in Oregon?

Because it's illegal. Same thing in New Jersey (not that that's a reason to do anything).

AutumnAngel, gas prices go up and down all over the place. I've seen times when it was more in Vancouver. Thanks for coming across the river to buy our goods and services. Out-of-state people like you are a big part of our economy, and yet our idiot Demokrats want to add a sales tax. It'd be the nail in the coffin. Also, check your PM.

Mike
                      "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

I think I would rebel and PUMP MY OWN GAS!!!!!!
                        I pump my own in WISCONSIN, thank you.
                        Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

heh...I wish we didn't have to pump our own gas here....and the real kicker is that gas is 10 cents cheaper a gallon in NJ with fullserve!

Comment

I know all about the anarchists and tree huggers, and the loudest most obnoxious ones are all Californians that are going to the UofO. They all like it so much they end up staying long after they graduate or drop out.

What you're seeing are the Berkeley-types who are so far to the left, even Berkeley doesn't want them. They're up there because they think the Eugene area is more sympathetic to their cause

Despite stories to the contrary, Californians are much more conservative than that. We've even had three Republican governors in the last 30 years, one of them being Ronald Reagan himself. Who says Californians can't have their "moments of clarity" Unfortunately it's the Bay Area politicians that screw things up for the rest of the state

Traffic in the Willamette Valley and Portland is so bad that people go insane and drive like maniacs whenever they see open road.

The sort of "passive-aggressive" driving behavior that Seattle-area residents are famous for seems to be worse south of the Columbia River. The most awful drivers I've ever come across seem to be on the stretch of I-5 between Salem and Portland. They make any commute within Southern California seem downright pleasant by comparison.

The California drivers that are up there don't have much to brag about either, they're always either 10 above or 10 below the flow of traffic.

The CA-plated vehicles that are going under the speed limit are either elderly, tourists in rental cars, or those tree hugger types driving decrepit VW buses and Subaru's that simply can't go any faster. CA drivers almost always add 10 MPH to any speed limit sign they see. It's so ingrained into our culture that many people (incorrectly) think it's illegal for a cop to give a ticket for less than 10 over.

Well I do love choices, but I drove through 17 states on my way out here to Kentucky and only saw two gas stations that had attendants. What kind of choice is that?

No choice as a result of market forces (lack of people willing to pay extra for the service) is a heck of a lot better than one as a result of a law. While you may not think you're paying all that much for the convenience, trust me you are. Somebody's gotta pay for those attendants. You could easily save a quarter per gallon or more if you can pump yourself. Nothing to blink at with today's gas prices

I'll be back in the great state of Oregon in May, unless I'm in Iraq.

Unless you're driving a tank, drivers in Baghdad will make California drivers seem downright pleasant by comparison

Comment

Oh, California by far. We've got it all: Oceans, Plains, Rolling hills, Deserts low and high, Snow, lakes, rivers, streams, Laguna Seca, Sears Point. Waterfowl, big game, fishing, racing...it's all here!

But then there's the politics. The crappy gun laws, the ultra liberals, Barbara Boxer/Diane Feinstein, L.A. and San Francisco (Just the crowds, air and politics...nothing personal [Wink] )

O.k. California sucks.

Comment

quote:
                                AutumnAngel, gas prices go up and down all over the place. I've seen times when it was more in Vancouver. Thanks for coming across the river to buy our goods and services. Out-of-state people like you are a big part of our economy, and yet our idiot Demokrats want to add a sales tax. It'd be the nail in the coffin. Also, check your PM.

Awww...Mike but really it goes both ways. You see, a lot of the people who work in Portland live in Vancouver to save on property taxes. It's a lot cheaper to live across the river. So, I guess we all just kinda feed off each other and we are one big happy family right? [Wink]

And also don't you think that if Oregon added a sales tax then your income tax would be dropped?
                                Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3461 users online. 265 members and 3196 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X