Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:
    Originally posted by Oregon Mike:
    Oregon would be the best state, if not for all the Californians. When I win the lottery I'm building a big wall along the border to keep them out.

Oregon is a beautiful state. It would be even nicer without the wacky, tree-hugging, anarchy-loving Oregonians that live there

At least our state's government has enough trust in us to let us pump our own gas

[ 02-23-2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Sig220Man ]

Comment

I miss the wide open deserts of Arizona. [Frown]

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Sig220Man:
        Oregon is a beautiful state. It would be even nicer without the wacky, tree-hugging, anarchy-loving Oregonians that live there

At least our state's government has enough trust in us to let us pump our own gas

Oh puleez... the only tree hugging anarchists that we have are the Californian transplants. They screw up their own state, leave because their screwy politics has driven the cost of living too high to bear, and then come up to Oregon and do the exact same thing over again.

And if we wanted to pump our own gas we would. It would be very easy to put it on the ballot, but why would we want to get out of the car to pump gas when somebody else can do it?

Mike
        "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

"which state is better, PA or WI"

If either one was that great, why do I see so many PA and WI license plates down here?

I'd wager that the number of people that move FROM those states to FL is MUCH higher than those moving from FL to the frozen wastelands.

Comment

First off...let me say I'm leaving California when I retire 12 12 years. We have a place to move outside Durango when the time comes. I'm not anti-Californian per se...just have a goal of living in something other than a stucco house.

That being said, if California is so bad, why do people keep coming? This would be a great state as well if everybody would stay where they currently live. I personally know 10+ people from Philly on our dept. If PA was that great, they'd still be there.

Every Summer, I talk to at least 25-30 people who come up to me and ask "I just moved here from _________, where's a good place to live?"
            "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Let's see TG, I'll see your Philly Cheesesteak and raise you an Wisconsin authentic brat. (NOTE TO ALL OF YOU NOT FROM WISCONSIN: It is pronounced brot, not brat. A brat would be decribing my 2 year old daughter.)

I'll also take Miller Park over PNC Park any day.

-Harry Houdini and Frank Lloyd Wright were born here. Oh yeah, so was Tom Wopat. (scraping the bottom of the barrel now.)

-I graduated from the same college that Arnold Schwarzenegger did. He was on the gymnastics team. You should see the picture. It is classic.

-People in Wisconsin are polite, and we like our sports teams. We do not boo Santa Claus, unlike those freaks in Philly. If Jesus came down from heaven, people in Philly would still find a reason to boo him.

-I don't see how this was missed, but we are also known for our serial killers: Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ed Gien are from Wisconsin, and Ted Bundy spent a lot of time here too.
              "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

Even though I was born in, and spent many years in, Wisconsin... I gotta say PA. Why? Well, mainly because it's farther away from the evil, corrupting influences of Minnesota (like Booya, a rather disgusting regional soup-like substance whose edibility is vastly overrated, the Mall of America, and a few others I won't name) and they finally managed to lock up my nephew... but that's another story.

Pennsylvania has the Appalachians; Wisconsin's higest point (IIRC) is Granddad's Bluff in LaCrosse.

Quick - name three famous Wisconsinites: Vince Lombardi, Tommy Thompson, Joe McCarthy... Yeah.

My slightly biased $0.02 worth...
                Sarcasm: Just another valuable service I provide.

Comment

I think people tend to move to warmer climates, even before they retire [Wink] (such as FL and CA) ...i dont think that means they're the greatest states. (I had heard that San Diego has the best year-round climate in the country.)

I heard CA has terrible road/traffic problems. and i remember them in FL when i was there, also. North Jersey is bad but i dont have to deal with that very often.

I like cooler weather and 4 seasons. and i dont want a traffic jam every time i leave the house.
                  "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Oh puleez... the only tree hugging anarchists that we have are the Californian transplants.

The area around Eugene has quite a few of those anarchists, and no they're not from California.

Some of the weirdest drivers I've ever come across are from Oregon...and that's what the Washingtonians tell me too

And if we wanted to pump our own gas we would. It would be very easy to put it on the ballot, but why would we want to get out of the car to pump gas when somebody else can do it?

Because car paint jobs and gasoline don't make a happy couple.

And I would prefer to have a choice as to whether or not to pump my own gas. I don't need some stupid law to forbid me from doing so.

And if Oregon is such a wonderful state, then why are you living in Kentucky??

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by metp1264:
                      [QB]Pulaski, WI is home of Polka Days.
                      QB]

And you're proud of that?
                      Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

"PA -- the land of taxes"

I'll post, You argue.

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by InSane1:
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by metp1264:
                          [QB]Pulaski, WI is home of Polka Days.
                          QB]

And you're proud of that?
                          I lived in Pulaski for about a year. The polka capital of the US. The people in Pulaski were great. Very, very nice. Pulaski is a nice town. And listening to loud Polka music, once a year isn't the worst thing in the world.

TG, where would your Philly Cheesesteaks be without our cheese???

[ 02-24-2003, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: metp1264 ]
                          Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Texas..... Hands Down.

I am American by birth, Texan by the Grace of God!
                            Better to be Judged by 12....then Carried by 6!!!

A 9mm MAY expand, but a .45 will NEVER shrink!

Comment

I am remembering a discussion I had with my daughter years ago when she was discussing her future plans.

I told her there was no such thing as a perfect place to live. If there was, everyone would move there and then it would no longer be perfect because it would be too crowded. She acted as though that little remark was the most brilliant thing she had ever heard.

Comment

quote:
                                Originally posted by Sig220Man:
                                The area around Eugene has quite a few of those anarchists, and no they're not from California.

I'm from Eugene (not inside the city limits though), and I was a cadet with the sheriff's office there. I know all about the anarchists and tree huggers, and the loudest most obnoxious ones are all Californians that are going to the UofO. They all like it so much they end up staying long after they graduate or drop out. Now we're seeing these Californians breed, so some of the younger anarchists and tree huggers were born in Oregon. But they're not Oregonians.

quote:
                                Some of the weirdest drivers I've ever come across are from Oregon...and that's what the Washingtonians tell me too
                                Yeah, Oregon drivers do suck. Two reasons for that: First, ODOT has increased road mileage just 3% in the last 30 years. Traffic in the Willamette Valley and Portland is so bad that people go insane and drive like maniacs whenever they see open road. Our gas taxes bo to build light-rail (that no one uses) and bike paths (which are really more recreational than functional).

Second, DMV will give a license to anyone who's feet can reach the pedals. We finally got smart a couple years ago and started towing suspended drivers' cars, but with our Leftist governor cutting 100 state troopers there's no enforcement out there to keep drivers in line. The California drivers that are up there don't have much to brag about either, they're always either 10 above or 10 below the flow of traffic.

quote:
                                And I would prefer to have a choice as to whether or not to pump my own gas. I don't need some stupid law to forbid me from doing so.
                                Well I do love choices, but I drove through 17 states on my way out here to Kentucky and only saw two gas stations that had attendants. What kind of choice is that?

quote:
                                And if Oregon is such a wonderful state, then why are you living in Kentucky??
                                I'm here temporarily while serving my country. I'll be back in the great state of Oregon in May, unless I'm in Iraq.
                                "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3179 users online. 185 members and 2994 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X