300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay

Have you ever bought or sold anything on Ebay.com? What was it and were you satisfied with the transaction?

Quite a few things to both. I've been mostly satisfied. I've never been (too) seriously screwed.

Comment

I've bought several radios and related equipment. Also bought a nice Kershaw Boa knife. I've sold a radio and some tubes. I had two sales screwed up by a bidder who bid up the price on two items and then backed out by email without withdrawing the bid through Ebay.
      Bill R

Comment

I guess you just watched 60 minutes?
        I've been selling on Ebayhemouth since 1996, Love it and Hate it.

I love the way the media builds up Pierre and partner, BUT they forgot to interview the many disgruntled people who have suffered through Ebay's constant fee raisings and their communistic tactics.

If you sell on Ebay, you're at their mercy. The fees for listing and extras have gone up so many times I've lost count. You got something bad to say about Ebay, you're out and I mean you no longer sell on that sight. I've seen Ebay kick people off the sight for simply voicing their opinion in the forums.

I know a ton of people have gotten rich on Ebay, my hat's off to them, Pierre and partner has gotten FILTHY rich off them and people like me.
        Criminals prefer unarmed victims.

Comment

I have a 70 rating on ebay.... all positive...

I sold some cheapy handcuff cases I got from Galls.. got more $$ for them on eBay than I paid for them..

I bought and sold... only 2 bad experiences....

eBay also has a great 'adult' auction area

Comment

I also buy and sell quite a bit on eBay. I've had several problems with non-paying bidders though, and eBay makes the process to get your final value fees back long and arduous.

You can get a lot of great deals on eBay. I've saved hundreds of dollars buying nice kitchen knives, cookware, and one of those Sharper Image air purifiers through the site. You just have to watch who you buy from.

Comment

Bought a printer off it once but we are not to enamoured of it. You can get good deals there but, as been said, the owners of the site seem to have their heads seem to rule. That's why I quit buying or even lookng. WHAT THEY SAY GOES!

Comment

quote:
                communistic tactics.

If you sell on Ebay, you're at their mercy. The fees for listing and extras have gone up so many times I've lost count. You got something bad to say about Ebay, you're out and I mean you no longer sell on that sight

That's not communist, that's unregulated capitalism.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by C in a J:
                  that's unregulated capitalism.

PURE capitalism.. [Wink]

[ 10-30-2002, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: occiferdave ]

Comment

And ebay belongs to its owners. They have the absolute right to make the rules, raise the fees, do whatever they want with their site. If they do the wrong thing, they'll know it when the profits drop. As long as their profits rise, then by definition they made the correct decision.

If you owned a store, wouldn't you 86 a customer who comes in and badmouths your business to other customers?
                    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Where is Wonderwoman............this thread was made for her

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by occiferdave:
                        eBay also has a great 'adult' auction area

They have some rather interesting film titles listed there !!! Not that I've looked or actually purchased any of them.... wink wink...
                        Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

quote:
                          And ebay belongs to its owners. They have the absolute right to make the rules, raise the fees, do whatever they want with their site. If they do the wrong thing, they'll know it when the profits drop. As long as their profits rise, then by definition they made the correct decision.
                          Absolutely, they have that right, just like the phone company has the right to tack on charges for things that don't exist.

Ebay cornered the market on online auctions and it didn't take them long to do so. When they discovered that whatever they did did not effect their profits, well hell, the sky became the limit.

I had listed 25 auctions one day only to discover the following morning that Ebay had shut them all down without notice. It took me 3 days to find out why, my return policy had objectionable wording, therefore my auctions were in violation. It wouldn't have been a problem if they would have emailed me BEFORE the shutdown and said, Change your wording. I had to manually relist each auction.

Tech support is slow and there is no such thing as an Ebay phone number, you don't ever talk to a human being.

Believe it or nor I still sell on Ebay, although not as much as before. They have the number one auction site online and the buyers are there, SO if you want to sell, you suffer Pierre and Meg, you don't have a choice.

If you have a deadbeat bidder, Ebay refunds only the listing fee, they KEEP the commission. Dealing with deadbeats is a process that has cost me lots of hair, I pull it out everytime I have to f*ck with one. And, yes, I've had a few people kicked off Ebay myself.

Ebay, Put up with it or leave it. Gotta Love it!!!

Comment

quote:
                            That's not communist, that's unregulated capitalism.
                            Did I forget to mention, the MODS on Ebay are called PINKS??? [Wink]

Comment

I don't buy or sell anything on Ebay, although my Ex-H and my kids use it all the time. My ex just sold his truck to some guy in Ohio. The guy mailed a money order and then flew in and drove it back. With big ticket items like that, I don't think I could be that trusting.

I used to use Yahoo auctions all the time, but it was mostly for cd's and cosmetics (O.P.I., Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinque, etc...).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3344 users online. 188 members and 3156 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X