Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention all wanna be's....

...Here is what not to do!

BRAINTREE -- It looked like an unmarked state police cruiser -- a flashing strobelight bar in the back window and headlights alternating on and off. But it was the unfamiliar license plate on the gray sedan that caught the state trooper's attention.

And now, state police have two Lawrence men under arrest and a fake unmarked cruiser impounded, complete with a "hide" which secretly stored weapons, fake police badges, and handcuffs. A duffle bag contained $123,000 in cash.

"We're not sure if they had just finished a drug deal, or just ripped off a drug deal," said state Trooper Mark Lombardi, the officer who spotted the phony cruiser yesterday.

Lombardi was assisting a motorist on the northbound side of Interstate 93 at 2 p.m. when the flashing wig-wags (alternately flashing headlights) and strobelights of the sedan driving by caught his eye.

Unfamiliar with the car's license plate, he radioed ahead to Trooper Larry Kiely, who pulled the car over. A second vehicle -- which police believe was travelling with the phony cruiser -- was also stopped.

Inside the cruiser's secret compartment, police found two loaded semi-automatic handguns, two hunting knives, four fake police badges on chains, four sets of cuffs and two black-knit ski masks, police said. The $123,000 was found in a duffle bag in the trunk of one of the two cars pulled over, but police wouldn't specify which car.

Police would also not say which men were in the unmarked cruiser and which were in the second car. Arrested were:

Jose M. Castillo, 37, of Lawrence, charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm with obliterated serial numbers. There were also warrants for his arrest on a misdemeanor motor vehicle charge and gun and drug violations, state police said.

Juan A. Gomes, 22, of Lawrence, charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm with obliterated serial numbers.

Henry Peralta, 22, of Bronx, N.Y., charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm with obliterated serial number, driving after suspension of his license, two counts of alternating flashing lights.

Victor A. Samboy, alias Hector Nieves Rodriguez, 24, of Boston, charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm with obliterated serial numbers, and fraudulently obtaining a drivers license.

Both cars were taken to the Milton barracks for a search. Lombardi said a drug-sniffing dog reacted strongly to the money.

Maybe they were BEAs.
    "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

Dammit drunkhunter, I had my finger poised over the "Post a Reply" button and then realized you had beat me to the punch!

Comment

Sounds like they are definately notacop.

Funny thing is, I know where Braintree is.
        Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

I had a feeling I knew what direction this thread was headed in.
          Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by drunkhunter:
            Maybe they were BEAs.

Funny, very funny! You ever thought about being a stand up comedian????

On a more serious note, that is why I have BEA painted on the side of my Excursion in big white letters!!

Glockaphile

(Smarter then the average crook!)
            Support Gaston!!!!!!

There is no hunting like the hunting of man!

PM me for all your Bail Enforcement Needs!

I also make more then $7.39 an hour now!

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Glockaphile:
              On a more serious note, that is why I have BEA painted on the side of my Excursion in big white letters!!

Glockaphile

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
              Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

quote:

i'm beginning to wonder about that.

quote:

that is why I have BEA painted on the side of my Excursion in big white letters!!

kinda like those el cheapo security guards do who use their own car?

Comment

quote:

I thought you would have had BEA painted on the side to be inconspicuous.
                  Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

C'mon guys give Glockpile a break....

He HAD to paint 'BEA' on his door to cover up the "MALL SECURITY" markings.
                    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Deputy757:
                      Dammit drunkhunter, I had my finger poised over the "Post a Reply" button and then realized you had beat me to the punch!

I'll let you have the next one, but only if you are fast.
                      "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4622 users online. 270 members and 4352 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X