Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But he asked about the second one... I remember seeing helo footage (uncensored) that shows the second dude shoot his brains out.
    -Jeff H
    Police Officer "Wannabe"

Comment

that was the first one

Comment

Was it? Then what happened to the 2nd one?
        -Jeff H
        Police Officer "Wannabe"

Comment

He bled out...his family sued the city saying LAPD intentionally withheld medical treatment, but I don't know how it turned out.

Comment

Whatever happened to the first officer that got shot (I think he was the one across the street)?

[ 06-02-2003, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: OfficerWannaBe ]
            -Jeff H
            Police Officer "Wannabe"

Comment

I was working O/T in dispatch tonight so I was only able to catch bits and pieces of it. From what little I saw, I thought the movie was way overdone.

The most annoying of course are the technical errors posing as "artistic license", such as Matasareanu shooting at a safe from something like 2 feet away, but not getting any shrapnel from it The acting was also just plain over the top.

quote:
              The holes in everything looked alot bigger than .30 caliber holes.
              Some of those holes that supposedly came from the bad guys look like they were done with shotgun slugs!

quote:
              He bled out...his family sued the city saying LAPD intentionally withheld medical treatment, but I don't know how it turned out.
              The reason Matasareanu bled out and died was because it was believed that there was at least one more suspect still in the area, so it was deemed to be too unsafe for LAFD to come in and treat the guy.

Whether this was LAFD's determination or LAPD's I don't know; I do know that with my own city's FD, if there's any hint that there is an outstanding violent crime suspect in the area, and/or their firefighters may be in danger of become crime victims, they will NOT come in until the PD has come in and made the scene safe.

Matasareanu left behind two small children that were being cared for by his mother. The LAPD was sued by noted cop-hating attorney Stephen Yagman on behalf of the children, saying they intentionally violated his civil rights by denying him medical care. The case ended up in a hung jury. I don't know if the case was ever re-filed.

quote:
              Whatever happened to the first officer that got shot (I think he was the one across the street)?
              The two most seriously injured LAPD officers ended up with medical retirements. One of them is now a preacher.

quote:
              ALSO...an L.A. prosecutor actually TRIED to levy charges against the cops that got the ARs from B&B's for violating California's '15-day waiting period'.
              Shooter, I've NEVER heard of that. Do you have any links or articles?

Comment

dang it. was busy last night an forgot to tape it. of course like it won't be 50 more times.
                I'll post, You argue.

Comment

I also noticed how there was an "in your face" anti-gun message there. The bad guy that wasn't a foreigner was also the sterroided up guy in the college football movie "The Program".
                  TRAVIS ED WILLIAMS
                  Police Officer
                  Mesquite, Texas, P.D.
                  Mesquite, TX
                  Date of Death: 09/23/1974

Comment

I have Dish Network and use the digital recorder from Dish Network. The on-screen guide said that it would be shown at 2000 and again at 2300. I said the recorder to record the latter show so as to not interfere with mrs. drunkhunter's TV watching.

It turned out that they showed them back to back, and I ended up only getting half of the movie. It will be replaid Thursday at 2000.
                    "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

The information regarding an L.A. prosecutor wanting to charge the cops was reported by the NRA and also by GOA shortly after the shootout. From my understanding, the Mayor 'advised' the prosecutor to 'stand down'. Perhaps they still have that info in their archives.
                      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

California's firearms waiting period is outlined in Penal Code Sections 12071 and 12072. The way I read these sections, the 10 day mandate is directed at firearms dealers, not at the end purchasers.

For the LA County DA's office to prosecute under these sections, they would have to go after B&B Guns, not the LAPD Officers.

Another reason the officers could not be prosecuted is because the 10 day waiting period does not apply when a law enforcement agency is the purchaser, which was the case here.

Being from LA, and having watched the ending portion of the standoff on live TV (I had just returned from a court appearance that morning), again I had NEVER heard of the DA's office wanting to prosecute either the LAPD officers, or B&B guns or its employees, for failure to adhere to the waiting period.

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Sig220Man:

For the LA County DA's office to prosecute under these sections, they would have to go after B&B Guns, not the LAPD Officers.

Perhaps this is being confused with the story of LAPD and other officers using phony letters of authorization to purchase AWs? I think I remember B&B being involved for selling to officers.
                          Bill R

Comment

quote:
                            I had NEVER heard of the DA's office wanting to prosecute either the LAPD officers, or B&B guns or its employees, for failure to adhere to the waiting period.

It did happen....or at least was reported by the NRA and GOA to have happened.
                            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                            -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Bill R:
                              quote:
                              Originally posted by Sig220Man:

Perhaps this is being confused with the story of LAPD and other officers using phony letters of authorization to purchase AWs? I think I remember B&B being involved for selling to officers.
                              That's more likely and makes more sense.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 34018 users online. 182 members and 33836 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X