300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News **Eric Rudolf In Custody**

Breaking news from just up the mountain from me.

Unconfirmed by me, but several dispatchers have received word.

[ 05-31-2003, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: SGT Dave ]
    People have more fun than anybody.

Yep!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,88259,00.html

And I think the Feds will steal the headlines, but a 22 year old Murphy PD officer and possibly two Cherokee County deputies (as back up) were the ones that responded and followed their gut instincts (ie good police work.)

[i]
    N.C. Authorities Arrest Olympic Park Bombing Suspect
    Saturday, May 31, 2003

CHARLOTTE, N.C.

Comment

I wonder how he was able to hide out all of these years.

I hope the local law enforcement gets the credit. They deserve it.
      Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Damn the credit, I hope those two get the reward!

Comment

IS this the same bombing where the FBI tried to ruin Richard Jewel? I think it was the FBI anyway.

Comment

I'm sure that when the feds get done with their publicity releases, there will be no mention of the local officers. It will probably end up how the FBI surrounded him, and talked him into surrendering.
            Retired

Comment

In John Ashcroft's statement this morning, neither local officer was mentioned. He did state that the F.B.I. always gets their man.

Comment

Typical feebies. Blame the wrong guy, tell the world he is guilty, don't do anything to make it right when proven wrong, then when a local cop catches the right guy, take all the credit. I have no use for the Fumbling Bumbing Idiots.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Actually I think the F.B.I. did apologize to Richard Jewel. I think he also got a nice chunk of change out of the whole deal to. Last thing I remember hearing about was that he got on with a small PD in Georgia and worked his way up to Asst. Chief.

When you consider the whole incident, yeah he got royally screwed, but he did come out of it pretty good.

Comment

Fox just said that a rookie policeman is credited with the capture.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by SpecOpsWarrior:
                      Actually I think the F.B.I. did apologize to Richard Jewel. I think he also got a nice chunk of change out of the whole deal to. Last thing I remember hearing about was that he got on with a small PD in Georgia and worked his way up to Asst. Chief.

Not only did he get a nice settlement and an apology from the Feds, but I remember he got the same from a few news organizations as well...NBC in particular (who had exclusive rights to the Atlanta Olympics).

Comment

I just saw the cop on tv, and he said that he was just doing his job like he was supposed to. He handled the media BS very well, I thought.

Comment

DANG! I'm proud to be part of the brotherhood today!

I think the officers did a great job and handled it well, and I'm glad he didn't put up a violent fight.

Did anybody else notice the pizz-poor place they had the press briefing at 12:45 EDT today? Looked like a dang horse barn! There were wooden walls behind them with planks going in different directions, and bent nails visible.

Cherokee is one of the poorest counties in this State, but DANG! The could have found a better place-I'm sure of it!

Comment

Congrats to that officer, he did a hell of a job Saturday and for being on the job for one year that's one heck of a catch.

I wish the damn feds would quit taking the credit. For years the feds couldn't catch this guy, the officer who first found him and the other responding officers deserves all the credit!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6454 users online. 351 members and 6103 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X